DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 42 of 89 First ... 32404142434452 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimmStories View Post
    Is there a way to add Auto advantage/threats/success/failures?
    Nope.

I've added this to the feature request in post #4.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    As far as I am concerned, this ruleset needs three things:

Restore images to original size
    This was incorporated in release v2.1.1. Feature request list updated.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Is it possible to update the Remote Dice Box (the one which shows other players dice pools) to allow the GM to drag and drop dice into the tray for the appropriate player here? And to allow upgrading/downgrading dice pools here as well? If this is possible, I just need to be pointed in the right direction and will work it into the Dicebox Extension.

Quote Originally Posted by shikage View Post
    Is it possible to update the Remote Dice Box (the one which shows other players dice pools) to allow the GM to drag and drop dice into the tray for the appropriate player here? And to allow upgrading/downgrading dice pools here as well? If this is possible, I just need to be pointed in the right direction and will work it into the Dicebox Extension.
    It's going to be complex, as OOB messaging will have to be used to modify the players dice pool from the GM instance.

I deliberately didn't do this as it's against the rulebook guidelines of the players putting their dice pool together themselves. The main time I see the potential for this being a benefit is for beginning players (GM helping put their dice pool together). However, I've ran lots of convention games with beginners using this ruleset and I find it's better to educate the players and take the time to teach them how to put the dice pool together. I'm always surprised how quickly people pick it up and my experience is then that it's still pretty quick to say "add two purples, one black, click the purple + button to upgrade the difficulty" just like I would in a face to face game (except I wouldn't mention a "purple +" button)...

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It's going to be complex, as OOB messaging will have to be used to modify the players dice pool from the GM instance.

I deliberately didn't do this as it's against the rulebook guidelines of the players putting their dice pool together themselves. The main time I see the potential for this being a benefit is for beginning players (GM helping put their dice pool together). However, I've ran lots of convention games with beginners using this ruleset and I find it's better to educate the players and take the time to teach them how to put the dice pool together. I'm always surprised how quickly people pick it up and my experience is then that it's still pretty quick to say "add two purples, one black, click the purple + button to upgrade the difficulty" just like I would in a face to face game (except I wouldn't mention a "purple +" button)...
    Thanks Trenloe, this is a reasonable explanation. Our GM just requested the feature as he likes to handle adding the difficulty dice to the pool himself. I think sometimes this can be because everyone in the group are experienced gamers but fairly new to EotE and will often expect one particular difficulty and when the GM asks us to put in something else will ask why that is. Oddly, there is less questioning when he just drops the dice in and says we're good to roll.

I have also been noticing I am not seeing the announcement text for extensions in EotE. Perhaps I am doing something wrong or is this not supported in EotE right now?

I have also been noticing I am not seeing the announcement text for extensions in EotE. Perhaps I am doing something wrong or is this not supported in EotE right now?
    That functionality is in the base FG application, it's not ruleset dependant.

The gotcha is that data such as this in extension.xml is only read when FG first populates the extension list in the "Load Campaign" screen. So you need to restart FG to see the changes. /reload won't re-read this data.

Thanks again, this worked. I had first had the accouncement tag in the wrong spot then had only reloaded.

I've also got pregens working, including be able to set tokens on them.

While I realize I can not set portraits to character or pregens, I am curious if there is a way to package portrait assets into a module which will then make those available for at least the GM to manually assign them to PCs and show them in the portrait window within the EotE ruleset?

While I realize I can not set portraits to character or pregens, I am curious if there is a way to package portrait assets into a module which will then make those available for at least the GM to manually assign them to PCs and show them in the portrait window within the EotE ruleset?
    Not in the current ruleset.

Is there a way for players to control ally NPC like droids?

Thread Information