FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 60 of 89 First ... 1050585960616270 ... Last
    And I think opponents are already supposed to start out hidden aren't they? Log into a second session using localhost on your machine to see what the players see.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    And I think opponents are already supposed to start out hidden aren't they? Log into a second session using localhost on your machine to see what the players see.
    Yeah I have done that. It doesnt work like other rulesets. Everything is showing up in the tracker for the players even if I hide the NPC.

Hi WaHaGames,

The StarWars ruleset, while pretty fantastic, has not yet been migrated to the newer ruleset standard (CoreRPG). For this reason, not all of the features other rulesets have, are available.

What you are looking for is the ability to predefine the encounter, with the token positions defined and when the PCs arrive, hit a button to activate that encounter. Unfortunately the Star Wars ruleset does not yet have that.

A (major) project is underway to bring Star Wars up to the CoreRPG level but don’t hold your breath.

As mentioned by others, you should be able to prepare the Combat Tracker in advance and reveal the tokens but it is not quite as nice as other rulesets yet.

I hope this doen’t put you off, as I run Star Wars this way regularly and we have a blast!

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by WahaGames View Post
    The only thing I can figure out is: put NPCs on map, if PCs fight, add NPCs to tracker from NPC list then replace the tokens that are on the map already. This seems to be the only way to leave the NPCs "linked" when making updates in Combat Tracker.
    This is probably the best way to do it. With the additional steps of adding the token to the map first from a NPC record from the campaign data list. This will allow you to click on the token on the map to open up the NPC sheet. Then drag the token from the sheet to the CT. Delete the one on the map and re-drag the token from the newly added CT record. This makes it quicker to open the NPC sheet without having to find the NPC in the campaign data lists.
    Last edited by Trenloe; October 10th, 2018 at 05:16.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks, all. I will continue to use this and hope that features continue to flow in over time. I really love the Genesys system and hope that one of the big TTRPGs decides to support it officially at some point.

Hey.. we were going to play a little EotE but I am running into problems getting creatures from the new Reference Manual Extension, it's not working with the combat tracker - rolling initiate, etc. Is there a trick to this?
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Since Star Wars is an old ruleset, you may have to copy the creature into the campaign first, THEN drag it to the combat tracker. This ruleset is a microcosm of the pre-3.0 days, so many small things work differently than all the Core rulesets.

Personally I've used all the modules I can find and never had a problem with them.

Vires Animi

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Hey.. we were going to play a little EotE but I am running into problems getting creatures from the new Reference Manual Extension, it's not working with the combat tracker - rolling initiate, etc. Is there a trick to this?
    Not sure what extension you’re referring to?

As viresanimi mentions, this ruleset is pre-CoreRPG so some things need to be done how we had to do things a couple of years ago. Watching the videos (links in post #1) should help get you started.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Just now getting around to using the SW ruleset. But I'm having a weird problem seeing the player icons on my screen as well as the character select screen. The icon is ok on the character sheet itself (see pic).

ffg icon issue.PNG
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Mister Cogburn, in your four years as US Marshal, how many men have you shot?
    Rooster Cogburn: Shot? Or killed?
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Let us restrict it to killed so we may have a manageable figure!

Quote Originally Posted by Meliath1742 View Post
    Just now getting around to using the SW ruleset. But I'm having a weird problem seeing the player icons on my screen as well as the character select screen. The icon is ok on the character sheet itself (see pic).

ffg icon issue.PNG
    That's because the PC sheet shows the token, not the portrait. These are two different things.

The player assigns a portrait - when the player has a PC sheet open, they should click the portraits button on the top right of the desktop and select a portrait from there.

Thread Information