FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 89 of 89 First ... 3979878889

Hi R0bperry,

Unfortunately, as Trenloe states in the initial post and reiterates 2 posts before yours, this community created ruleset is not compatible with FGU as it predates the release by a long time. It would be a non~trivial task to fix all of the incompatibilities and there is no contributer with the time willing to invest.
    There are other option in the works, however, with the Genesys ruleset being developed.

Quote Originally Posted by R0bperry View Post
    I have been looking through the posts prior, in order to download and use the most up to date Modules, Extensions, docs, rulesets, etc... and have even been able to install some. But I am finding that I probably am missing something. I currently get nothing but errors and cannot currently open my Star Wars Edge of the Empire campaign in Fantasy Grounds Unity. I find that many of the posts actually predate FGU, or appear to, so are they even compatible with FGU?

I have not yet been able to use this as part of a campaign, since I can't get it to open up anyway. So I am just trying to set everything up right now and find a starting point. But I think I have too many conflicts or maybe outdated mods and extensions, already in my system that needs purging.

So I need help.

To start, does anyone have a list or link within this string, where I can find all the up to date and current links and downloadables for this? Maybe even some up to date instructions on building my FGU campaign using this ruleset.

This is mostly me looking for an index or contents list so I don't have to go back through 879+ posts to find the 5 or 6 downloads I need to get started.

So I guess I am looking for (as I am sure are others) a quick reference list to all the most recent and up-to-date post links available.

Sorry if this sounds like I am repeating myself, but if this is something I want to do then I need to start right, and that begins with proper guidence.

Help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi everyone
    We have been developing new rulesets for some time now, we have one for Genesys and a new one for Star Wars
    I would suggest you have a look, there is already also databases with npcs, vehicles etca for Star Wars, ready to go

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...rk-in-progress

P.S.:
    There is one downside though, there is no way for now to import records (characters, etca) from your old ruleset/database, into the new one.
    You will have to manually recreate it.
    On the plus side though, Sevrick is doing a remarkable job in creating databases containing data from the books, meaning if it is official (npcs, ships, skills, talents, equipment) you dont need to recreate

The other plus is that it uses all new features from modern FG, meaning it is super easy to create new things (npcs, ships, equip, skills, talents....) with no need to edit xml

The star wars ruleset is missing some features, and I am adding them soon... but overall it is very playable and compatible with FGC and FGU
    Last edited by johniba; February 10th, 2021 at 16:43.

How to add Force Power Trees?

Quote Originally Posted by chikininabizkit View Post
    Apologies if this has already been asked...

Is there a place in the Library for Signature Abilities that I'm not seeing? If they're not in the Library, do people just enter them as Talents? Or Force powers (since they have upgrades)?
    Was there an answer to this inquiry? I've been trying to figure out where to best add Force Power Trees. I was going to add them as specializations but as the cost is automatically set by row it doesn't really work out well.
    How is everyone else handling it?

Force Power Trees references:
    • Force and Destiny pg 284
    • Age of Rebellion pg 296
    • Edge of the Empire pg 280

Thank you to everyone working on this project.

Force Power Trees Please

Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyAle View Post
    Was there an answer to this inquiry? I've been trying to figure out where to best add Force Power Trees. I was going to add them as specializations but as the cost is automatically set by row it doesn't really work out well.

We are doing it on paper outside of FGU right now, if there is another way I am interested to hear it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyAle View Post

Are you still using the old FG Classic ruleset (which is that this thread is for) or are you using the FG Unity ruleset? If FGU you will get more feedback if you post in that ruleset's thread here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...rk-in-progress
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information