STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... Last

Star Wars: Edge of the Empire - Library modules

In conjunction with the release of the Star Wars: Edge of the Empire ruleset is the Player Library module, including most player character related information and items from the Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion rulebooks.

Note: In order to avoid copyright infringement, any descriptions will only include a reference to the page number in the relevant rulebook.

Download a basic Player Library module (attached below).

And see further library links in post #2 below.

Attachment 13557
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 25th, 2016 at 13:45.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Available Modules

Player Library v2.0 here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post336494

Encounter library module available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post241032

Thanks Miekael, amazing work!
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 2nd, 2019 at 16:59.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Adding your own data

I've created a couple of videos that show how to add your own data to libraries for this ruleset - links below. these are Full HD and show detailed text so you may find it easier, and better quality, to download the videos and play them locally.

See this video for steps on how to add to an existing library module: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x86mpzyg5p...pdate.mp4?dl=1

This shows how, in less than 10 minutes, you can add entries into the existing player module, available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post336494

It shows how you can copy/paste existing entries as examples and enter the data for the new record. Don't be put off by this not being in a spreadsheet or fancy database GUI - the information is a database format, using industry standard XML, and it's really just a case of copy/paste and change the data that's needed. I show this for two example talents in the video. The only "IT skills" you need are being able to extract a ZIP file, copy/paste plain text, re-zip a file and rename it (change the file extension).

If you'd rather create data in the FG interface, see this video (that expands on the first video) for further details on how to enter data directly into the FG interface and then export for use in modules: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3f3asjswx...xport.mp4?dl=0
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 2nd, 2019 at 16:51.

Blog Entries
    woohoo. Just in time for tomorrow night's first session. Will have to see how to integrate my races into the new library, but from what I see at first glance, I could run both libraries in parallel, so there is no hurry.

Thank you very much!
    Savage Musketeer Roleplaying with a horrific twist: All for One - Régime Diabolique for Savage Worlds is available on the FG store now!

I was wondering if there was a guide or step by step process to editing this for personal use. For example, going into the module and replacing "see page X" with actual text from the book. Also adding and modifying existing entries as well. I tried using this guide and was unsuccessful on many attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydarkson View Post
    I was wondering if there was a guide or step by step process to editing this for personal use. For example, going into the module and replacing "see page X" with actual text from the book. Also adding and modifying existing entries as well. I tried using this guide and was unsuccessful on many attempts.
    No guide at present. It's something that is on the list of things to do, but it's very low down on the list. So don't expect anything in the next few months.

It's a case of opening up the XML and having a look. All objects have an entry in the <library> section - compare the structure with the layout in the actual library. Also, for tables, these are listed in the <lists> section, with links to the detailed object data in the <library> section.

If you want to replace the page references with action text just search through the module for page references and replace the text.

If you follow steps 1-3 and 13 (at the end after modifying db.xml) of Callum's post you reference, this gives you the steps to unzip the module data and repackage it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    If you follow steps 1-3 and 13 (at the end after modifying db.xml) of Callum's post you reference, this gives you the steps to unzip the module data and repackage it.
    Oddly enough, I did this and it is not showing up after I put it back in the module folder. It isn't even an option to select.

Blog Entries
    Looks like you haven't zipped it correctly.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    Looks like you haven't zipped it correctly.
    You're right. After reading this I saw that I was getting my .rar & .zip files mixed up. Thanks!

Trenloe, Our Sunday group is having a lot of fun running SW with your ruleset and player module - Thanks as always. do you still have plans to release a GM module?

Thread Information