5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 10 First 12345 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    You now have a new ruleset. You should continue to use the new ruleset. We changed some fields, added new ones etc. Its no longer CoreRPG.

Aha, I understand - thanks! On that note, what is the easiest way to move all the data for my game from the campaign using the classic CoreRPG to my new version of the ruleset?

Blog Entries
    What is the data? Is it story entries?

Yes, just a bunch of notes. But I think I already know - I export it, right, and then import it?

Another question, it probably doesn't deserve a thread on its own, I see terms like FG, FGII and FGIII bandied about. So which one did I buy from Steam? Or are the numerals just representing major patches?

Oh and another another question - how doth the GMs using FG solve sharing music? (I'm of the variety that must have a soundtrack to the game; in RL I use movie scores a lot, which I either borrow entirely or which I cut and paste into pieces.)

Blog Entries
    Fantasy Grounds II was the version for a long time (but it went thru many, many smaller releases during its life - it finished on something like 2.9.4) and it kind of became the way Fantasy Grounds was referred to. On Facebook its still Fantasy Grounds II for example.
    After Fantasy Grounds 3 came out the numbers were dropped in most discussion/releases and its just called Fantasy Grounds now - although we are all using 3.0.13 (or 3.0.12 if you are slow to update). 3.1.0 will be the next update. If you have a subscription you are always entitled to the current version. If you bought outright you have a perpetual version and - at least at this stage - access to future updates. There will probably be some change to this when Fantasy Grounds 4 gets released but time will tell on that front.

For your content - export everythng - then open it up (unzip etc) and edit the Ruleset and repack... it should hopefully work... otherwise send it to me...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
    Oh and another another question - how doth the GMs using FG solve sharing music? (I'm of the variety that must have a soundtrack to the game; in RL I use movie scores a lot, which I either borrow entirely or which I cut and paste into pieces.)
    Fantasy Grounds has no audio capability.
    Many here use the FG Con community TeamSpeak server - there are a few threads on setting up a music channel on TS.
    Many others use their own choice of voice chat server/service (ventrillo, skype, mumble etc) and they each have their own tricks to piping a music feed into the channel.
    I played in a game with Trenloe at FG Con 6 and he had music (Star Wars) playing the whole time.

This is what I do: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post177622

Also see the "Audio Tips" section here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post182730
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

On that note, what is the easiest way to move all the data for my game from the campaign using the classic CoreRPG to my new version of the ruleset?
    If you want to move the whole campaign over (probably easier than exporting to a module - especially if you have some entries in the "Notes" section as these don't get exported), then the best way to do it is:
    1. Go to the <FG App Data>\campaigns directory. Get to the <FG App Data> directory by pressing folder icon in the top right of the FG main startup screen.
    2. Make a copy of the campaign you want to use in your custom ruleset. Rename the directory for the new copy what you want - this will be the campaign name.
    3. Open up the copied directory and edit the campaign.xml file. Change the <ruleset> tag from CoreRPG to whatever your customer ruleset is called. Save campaign.xml
    4. Open up FG and you should see your copied campaign that will load up with your custom ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the input, I will try that, because, yes, I have like a gazillabillion notes..and I really don't feel like editing all of it again FG is trying its hardest to push me away, but I keep insisting this will be worth it down the line.
    damned has been a, well, damned good help so far, helping me with the character sheet, but I still feel as blank as I did when buying the software when it comes to understanding much.
    Maybe if I had ever been good at maths...

Edit:
    Trenloe, thanks for the tip - it worked like a charm and you have scored a mighty 10 cool points! Great, that saved me another week of editing lol.

Edit 2:
    I was thinking of writing a long semi-rant about how hard life as a FG-noob is but then again with the helpfulness here I found my wolvish heart not in it
    Last edited by Wolfheart; May 3rd, 2015 at 18:33.

Thread Information