FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 10 First 1234 ... Last
    Hello Dulux-Oz,Champion Immortal, thank you for the link and the explanation there. You made it clear and it made sense, but my problem is that I shelled out for FG and I can *not* play my favorite RPG with it, hence I have begun tinkering - but it is quite a hassle, since I know so little of coding - most of the things mentioned here (and meant as helpful, and accepted gratefully) fly right over my head..but I *have* managed to fiddle enough to exchange certain label names and replace the decal.

My next problem - and I have tried a lot of different things, every time ending up breaking the ruleset (bad lines in the code, though I have no idea why or how) - is the inventory tab of the character sheet.

I would like to add a few more things below "Total Weight Carried".
    Just a simple "Word: ___________________" addition, a few rows of those.
    I thought maybe I should use subwindows, but that didn't work out.
    I've been looking at other files to see how this is handled without getting any wiser.
    I'm not asking anyone to do it for me, but pointing me to a handy guide with language aimed at noobs would be nice, or just some hints or whatever at what I need to do next :-D
    I feel like a toddler learning to walk here...

BTW, now that I've modified the CoreRPG set (a different, safe copy ofc) and renamed it - how do I make it an extension? Just add ".ext" and throw it in the extension folder?

Thanks for bothering people, it's always nice to meet nice people and boy does this Fantasy Grounds thingy need nice people to vouch for it and help the newly arrived flotsam and jetsam (myself included) be dragged up on shore.
    Last edited by Wolfheart; May 2nd, 2015 at 12:21.

Blog Entries
    Have you watched this video?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG9ovku3T48

There is so much that you can do with CoreRPG as is. Watch the video in full as it build as it goes.

Yes, I have watched it. Learned a few tricks there, but it's not enough

For example, for weapons, "my" character sheet needs:

NAME -- LENGTH -- ATN (C) -- DMG (C) -- ATN (T) -- DMG (T) -- DTN

That's seven columns for one weapon in the character inventory - it's a bit more of a complex RPG (at least when it comes to combat), and I love it to death, and so that's the game I want to use with FG. The "cosmetic" overhauls in the video aren't enough for me. I need to change the name of labels (I managed it; "Languages" is now "Gifts and Flaws", for example), and I need to create frames or windows for armor, weapons and stuff like that where I have several more columns. Now that I've started down this path, I'm only getting more eager to figure it out, though, so it's probably a good thing (except for my family, obviously).

Edit:
    I don't need the automation, by the by - just fillable forms.

I'll be a little more specific -
    here's the "Coin" form where I have changed the name to "Armor":

Attachment 9786

Now, as I don't need these "checkboxes" to count up coins, I can probably get rid of the coding/script for that - I just need the boxes to fill (manually) in the Armor Value.
    But I would like to remove the empty box next to it, and rather use that space to make a small table for the Armor section, something like this:

Armor Type Armor Value CP mod. Other mod.
    empty field to insert stats empty field to insert stats empty field to insert stats
    empty field to insert stats empty field to insert stats empty field to insert stats empty field to insert stats

So I'd have a field for ARMOR TYPE first, then checkbox for ARMOR VALUE, then two lines after it for the two modifier-stats.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
    Yes, I have watched it. Learned a few tricks there, but it's not enough

For example, for weapons, "my" character sheet needs:

NAME -- LENGTH -- ATN (C) -- DMG (C) -- ATN (T) -- DMG (T) -- DTN

That's seven columns for one weapon in the character inventory - it's a bit more of a complex RPG (at least when it comes to combat), and I love it to death, and so that's the game I want to use with FG. The "cosmetic" overhauls in the video aren't enough for me. I need to change the name of labels (I managed it; "Languages" is now "Gifts and Flaws", for example), and I need to create frames or windows for armor, weapons and stuff like that where I have several more columns. Now that I've started down this path, I'm only getting more eager to figure it out, though, so it's probably a good thing (except for my family, obviously).

Edit:
    I don't need the automation, by the by - just fillable forms.
    Weapons dont really go in the Inventory as Weapons - in most rulesets they go in the combat tab.
    What is the dice roll mechanic?
    What do each of those things mean?

Yeah, I noticed that. My initial solution was to simple make a table for each item type - there are three "combat items" types (melee, missile, and armor), each with their own table of peculiarities,
    so I just made a template "Melee Weapon", with a table in it with the appropriately named columns. This I exported so that I can simply load up the templates and then link them to the character's inventory (as you suggest, it doesn't really go in the inventory).

The dice roll mechanics used in the game is Dice Pool vs TN, however for weapons it is usually a number derived from an Attribute (for example, Long Sword deals STRENGTH + 1 cutting damage.
    The ATN (Attack Target Number is a static number "belonging" to the weapon in question - long sword has 5; the character rolls proficiency in the weapon + combat pool dice in any number he/she wants against that TN.

So, Length = the reach you have with a weapon (determines whether you get bonuses or penalties when fighting an opponent with a different reach)
    ATN (C) = Attack Target Number, for cutting (slashing) attacks
    DMG (C) = Damage done when using the weapon to cut/slash
    ATN (T) = Attack Target Number, for thrusting (piercing) attacks
    DMG (T) = You guessed it
    DTN = Defense Target Number, the TN you need to hit with at least one D10 to succesfully use a defensive maneuver, such as Block or Parry.

Blog Entries
    so i think we talked about this on Steam... I think you can use the Rolls feature from the NPC sheet (morecore extension uses this) to add attack strings and you can add these values in as text - they get displayed with the roll result in the chat window.

I will try that. Thank you for your help, damned. Made my day

Right, so I loaded up my copy and the character sheet was modified all right, but when I export the character sheet and try to load it up in the unmodified CoreRPG, the modifications are gone? Like, where Currency became Armor, it is now Currency again. Any ideas? I'm probably overlooking something as a noob properly should..

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
    Right, so I loaded up my copy and the character sheet was modified all right, but when I export the character sheet and try to load it up in the unmodified CoreRPG, the modifications are gone? Like, where Currency became Armor, it is now Currency again. Any ideas? I'm probably overlooking something as a noob properly should..
    Exporting a character sheet just exports the data, not changes made to a character sheet format/labels/fields/etc. because these changes are made in the underlying ruleset code. This is why people have been recommending putting your code changes in an extension - so that you can load that extension with a CoreRPG campaign to use your custom code.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information