FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    VenomousFiligree

Encumbrance and the Goliath

Can the Encumbrance formula be tweaked to allow for the Goliath's Powerful Build trait?

Can you enlighten me as to what this is? i.e. where in the PHB is this?

VenomousFiligree
    Page 176

Size and Strength. Larger creatures can bear more weight, whereas Tiny creatures can carry less. For each size category above Medium, double the creature’s carrying capacity and the amount it can push, drag, or lift. For a Tiny creature, halve these weights.
    Under Goliath

Powerful Build. You count as one size larger when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag, or lift.

Sorry, just being curious because I can't answer you question (perhaps this is something you should put into the wish list) but I can't find Goliath anywhere in the PHB.

VenomousFiligree
    Goliath can be found here.

Ah-Ha! You were trying to bamboozle me weren't you

Seriously though it's something for the wish list I think.

EDIT: mind you if that companion gets added into FG, well .....

VenomousFiligree
    Not really. Smiteworks have said they're producing the Princes of the Apocalypse adventure so it should be on the cards, not a wish.

Can I ask another thing ... I comprehend the race entry and the "Race Characteristics ~ Goliath" bit, however how does the programme understand that the race characteristics are the numerous capacities here (Effective Build etc.)? Is it due to the ". Goliath Race Quality" modifier in their TYPE section? Also, why does "Race Traits ~ Goliath" not have a TRICK descriptor?

Hi buvan11 welcome to FG.

Are you talking about encumbrance? I'm not entirely sure what your question actually is. If it is about encumbrance that's calculated according to the characters strength. In the case of the Goliath special code was written to handle it's Powerful Build trait. I don't know what a TRICK descriptor is; can you give us more information on what you mean please.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Hi buvan11 welcome to FG.

Are you talking about encumbrance? I'm not entirely sure what your question actually is. If it is about encumbrance that's calculated according to the characters strength. In the case of the Goliath special code was written to handle it's Powerful Build trait. I don't know what a TRICK descriptor is; can you give us more information on what you mean please.
    Is there any way to make use of / trick the special code for Goliaths to work for the Barbarian (Totem Warrior), level 6 feature, Aspect of the Beast (Bear) that does the same thing as the Goliath's Powerful Build?

Thread Information