DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Module: Show in Library, not in Story?

Hi,

I made one of my first extensions, by filling in a decent amount of information into my story tab - Linking it together into a first post, and then exporting it.

The Library View looks like this:
    Attachment 9570

Sadly, when I activate the extension - if fills in the story tab of the players (which gets quite overcrowded that way).

The player story View looks like this:
    Attachment 9571

I tried looking at different modules that do what I want ... but I can't really figure out which kind of option I have to tick so that it gets exported the right way.

Is there any option I can edit, that the text I made in the story tab, gets only visible by clicking on the library icon?

Therefore: Story shall be empty - but the information can be taken from the library?

I have attached the module I made (It's for Core RPG and resembles the serenades for Immortal: The Invisible War).

I would be very happy if you could help.

Christian

You can't control the module export to have it only in the library. But, to stop the players seeing all of the information, don't force load or share the module with the players - only share individual story items with the players when you need to.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I want these Information to be accessible like the rule's of - let's say the 3.5 Ruleset. There you can cloick on the library - you can then see books like 3.5 basic rules.

If I click there, I see classes / Equipment - Armor and such, and can view and link the information.

These Information are not stored inside the Story area - but I seem to be unable to find how this information is designed.

So my goal would be: Activate the module - and then be able to access the information via the library button (and as well have my players be able to see it), while not being displayed in the story area.

As it is done in the 3.5 ruleset for example - there has to be some way to get this done (but I seem to be too bad at coding to seee it for myself)

Make a copy of the 3.5 ruleset. Look through the categories in the client.xml, to get an idea of how things are laid out. This is different from the structure you get when you export a campaign. You should see the categories <library>, <reference>, and <lists>. This is how you get the information in a library entry only.

Use the example of the 3.5 module to figure out the syntax. You will have an entry in the <library> section pointing to a place in the <lists> section. There you will have an indexed list of links to assets in the <reference> section or a series of referencetextwide windows that display the information directly in the <lists> section. Mimic the format of the copied module until you understand what is going on better.

You should be able to piece together enough to make a library module from this.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

As Ni8ckademus mentions, if you want information like the 3.5E basic rules you'll need to get into some XML editing. Rename the 3.5e basic rules module (.mod) file to .zip and extract it. The format of the client.xml file is mentioned here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...e-Code-Library
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I haven't tried it, as I'm all about 5e now, but Par5e has a setting to export modules for 3.5 that should show up in the Library. It takes a bit to learn the markup, but once you do you can quickly create library content. I've edited a bit of XML (but never written any from scratch), and Par5e is faster for me.

Proud Graduate of Parallel University.

Thread Information