STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    For those that are interested. This is getting updated next year with a new edition as Moon Design takes back control next summer and it is published under Chaosium. Supposedly the rules will essentially be the same, but will use Glorantha as a default setting (next year is the 50th anniversary of Glorantha). The current publisher, The Design Mechanism, will be working on the new edition and will also be allowed to produce their own source books independently of Moon Design/Chaosium. Since Smiteworks has an agreement with Chaosium for CoC and BRP, perhaps it will extend or could be extended to include the new RuneQuest and related source materials.

https://designmechanism.freeforums.o...ent-t1220.html

This is all good news, especially in terms of the possibility of an agreement for an official ruleset.

However, this is just the first step. To make anything like this happen requires a dedicated developer to take on the task of creating the ruleset - and sticking with it to the end. Developing a ruleset is many, many, many hours of work - and you'll never make much money from it. So it's definitely a labour of love and will require updates over time to keep it in line with new FG developments. Smiteworks rely on developers from the Community to volunteer to do this type of work. It's only with strategic products that they'll take on the work themselves (as they are limited in their development resources).

There are multiple products that SmiteWorks have waiting to be developed: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ll=1#post80392 But few developers that step up...

Calling all potential FG developers out there!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    Legend, technically Runequest 7 from what I understand (unless I'm mistaken) is available for $1 on rpgnow in case anybody is interested. I plan on picking it up soon.
    Actually Legend is just a renaming of the previous Mongoose RuneQuest II (RQ5) since they lost the RuneQuest license to Pete and Loz who started The Design Mechanism and went on to further develop the rules into RQ6. There are a lot of similarities in the rules and you often can use stuff between the games with very little or no conversion needed. So in reality Legend is more like RuneQuest v5.1

Interesting enough Chaosium recently took back the RuneQuest license to produce their own version of RuneQuest based on the old 2nd Edition rules. RQ6 still exists but has been renamed to Mythras and anything Glorantha/RuneQuest related has been stripped from the rules. But since the core book didn't have much with Glorantha to do anyway (except the runes used in the book) it is not a big change except a new layout.

So is there still no RQ6 ruleset?

Blog Entries
    There is no RQ6 ruleset, and I pretty much doubt there will be one... especially with the changes going on at Chaosium. Investing the time in building one at this point doesn't make a lot of sense... unless someone was a really big fan of that particular version and had a lot of time on their hands. You can probably emulate many of the basic functions using CoreRPG... although I'm not familiar enough with the version to tell you for sure how well it would work for you.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Ah well thought I would ask nonetheless. Can't play D&D anymore since I found RuneQuest 6 and FATE so all the heavy investment into D&D5e for FG isn't something that I am interested in even though I love FG. 5th edition is really great but it has too many problems that will never be sorted out of D&D because they are canon, and people love familiarity.

RuneQuest 6 is now called Mythras because of the licensing stuff. I love this system and now use it for every genre. I guess someday I will have to try and make an FG extension for it, but for now I just use my buggy ruleset that I cobbled together from the old classic Traveller ruleset. It only has character sheet functionality but that's enough to use in play. If it had a functional combat tracker then it would be great, but I can't get much to work right as I am not a programmer and I just learned enough from these forums to be dangerous

Anyway cheers to Design Mechanism and Mythras!

https://thedesignmechanism.com/

I was about to mention the change, as I just got a note from DM offering me a special upgrade price since I bought RQ6 from Drive-Thru. It looks like Mythras is very doable if you have the skill to manage the design.

The most notable change seems to be an increase in the number of Combat Special Effects, a concept rarely seen in BGB BRP. And adaptation to other systems also looks interesting.
    FGU Ultimate -- All Players Welcome
    "Without Love, I'd have no anger. I wouldn't believe in righteousness." -- Bernie Taupin

It's a shame too. I don't use any other ruleset now that there are firearm rules for Mythras. The roll20 program that most people use is terrible. Fantasy Grounds would make this game so much easier to play but both sides of the equation are of no help. Supposedly FG ruleset creation is easy. I guess the guy who said that has a degree from MIT and a lot of spare time.

Have you tried using CoreRPG for it? At least it has the player sheet, combat tracker, etc...

Thread Information