DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Need an actual RuneQuest 6 ruleset

I recently discovered RuneQuest because Heavy3p0 forced me. I now regret decades of time playing D&D. The original setting that was associated with the game is garbage but the rules themselves are mana from heaven. Anyone else wish there was a runequest ruleset? I would pay 50 bucks easy for an official ruleset

Blog Entries
    Could you do with just a character sheet? Any mechanics beyond dice rolling involved?
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

One of the main things would be the combat tracker. The game uses a system whereby you expend action points on your turn to proactively act, or on your opponent's turn to react. Each Round in the game has a number of cycles that continue to happen as long as someone has Action Points left to spend (Most characters have 2 or 3). The combat tracker would need to be able to have cycles, and rounds.

In addition, when you roll an opposed roll in combat, you get Special Effects based on how much better you do than your opponent. For instance If you get a critical Success and I fail my roll opposing you, you get two degrees of success and thus two effects. Effects can be things like Bleed, Press Advantage, Close Range.

It is a great system that has an amazing magic system as well. I would love to see an official ruleset that has a functional tracker. I am using a converted ruleset at the moment but the tracker is non-functional so I pen and paper my fights with players rolling on screen dice. Even with that low level of functionality I prefer FG over roll20 for instance.

P.S. I hope this didn't offend any D&D fans, I am just excited about RuneQuest because it fits my tastes nearly exactly, not hating on D&D

Flicking through my copy of Runequest 6, it appears to have a basis on the older Runequest versions. Therefore, the Basic Role Playing (BRP) ruleset might be a good ruleset to start with: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...id=CHA2020aFG2 BRP grew from Chaosium's versions of RQ1 and RQ2.

The BRP ruleset isn't based on the recent CoreRPG ruleset so it doesn't have all of the bells-and-whistles you might be used to, but it is still very functional. You can download the BRP userguide from the link above (free download) to give you an idea of what it contains. There's even a section showing how to adapt the ruleset (page 25 onwards).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Archlyte View Post
    P.S. I hope this didn't offend any D&D fans, I am just excited about RuneQuest because it fits my tastes nearly exactly, not hating on D&D
    Don't worry about that. Fantasy Grounds is much more than just D&D, and everyone who visits these forums should understand that. We're all gamers here...

Runequest 2 (and then RQ3) was my main Fantasy RPG system for many years. Dragonquest prompted my first moves away from D&D, but TSR hardly did anything with it when they bought it, so I moved on to Runequest from there.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Legend, technically Runequest 7 from what I understand (unless I'm mistaken) is available for $1 on rpgnow in case anybody is interested. I plan on picking it up soon.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Heavy3P0 has the (BRP) ruleset, when we put a character on the combat tracker it returned an error in one of the LUA scripts. That was discouraging to have the ruleset do that right after he purchased it but before we modified anything lol
    Last edited by Archlyte; April 12th, 2015 at 01:21.

If you have issues with a ruleset (without any extensions loaded) then raise them in the house of healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    If you have issues with a ruleset (without any extensions loaded) then raise them in the house of healing.
    I don't have an issue with it. It's his ruleset and he just doesn't use it. I'm sure it's something to the tune of what you said: extension messing up, etc.

Blog Entries
    There are some bugs in the BRP ruleset....
    I dont use it but several bugs have been reported in the past and are still outstanding.

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Thread Information