DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Diplomacy

Diplomacy

I am about to start running a mini campaign set on pirate ship and I need to track all the crews attitudes to the party. I had thought to do it by using an effect for each of the five attitudes listed in the diplomacy skill description but I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that effects only to NPC's onn the combat tracker which makes it impractical. I now plan record in the notes box but was thinking it would be cool if some talented soul could add a diplomacy target DC to the npc sheet which could be targeted by players via players diplomacy skills and perhaps also something similar for bluff and intimidate skill checks. If any one can think of a way to track the attitudes of a dozen pirates in FG please let me know

The only way I've been able to handle Diplomacy like the example you gave above is with a table. I did this for the first book in the Skull and Shackles campaign. Where I had each crew member listed, their job on the ship, Attitude (also had this correspond to a number so i could easily organize them on the list), and Affiliation. You could easily add their DC to help keep track. Unfortunately this is only a manual option, but i found it to be the best way to track this that I could think of.

Attachment 9472

In the skill line of all my NPCs I put:

[Feint DC 12, Intim DC 13], Acrobatics +5, Climb +6, etc...

It's not automated, but it's on the sheet for me to look at. Diplomacy isn't based on the creature alone, but also the current category. So just add it's Cha mod to the base for whatever it is at the time. No easy way to automate this.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Thanks guys, food for thought

Thread Information