STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    Can anyone recommend a headset that doesn't block out background noise? My house is pretty quiet, on the whole, but I need to be able to hear my son, in case he needs me white I'm playing FG.
    Basically, you need a headset that has a mic that reduces background noise, but not one with noise cancelling headphones. The two logitech ones I suggested are fine for this, the H360 more than the H390. They cut out background noise on the mic but you can still hear what's going on around you. If the house is quiet while you're gaming, you won't be missing what is being said via the headphones.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Blog Entries
    I have a Logitech H800 - it's a little more money, but the wireless feature is awesome (just remember to mute it if you take a bathroom break!). The earpieces are foam, not my favorite, but I have been very happy with them in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    Can anyone recommend a headset that doesn't block out background noise? My house is pretty quiet, on the whole, but I need to be able to hear my son, in case he needs me white I'm playing FG.
    I use these, they are expensive (wait for a sale) but very comfortable. They allow air and noise to get inside the ear cups which are the go over the ear types: Sennheiser PC360

There are a number of gaming headsets like this. They are meant for long hours of gaming and allow air inside so your ears don't sweat.

I am a Turtle Beach headset fan, currently have the X-12 model, have another more expensive model they sell but find these are extremely comfortable and they have a real good rep, solid. Another cool feature is besides computers you can use them with game systems like Xbox, Check ebay, you can by them new for less. Good luck.
    Thanks JH79
    AKA: Valorious Goodspeak: Gold Hill Dwarf Cleric
    Thaldor Hammersmith: Mountain Shield Dwarf

Parsed full versions-5th Edition books in-game: Player's Handbook, Monster Manual, Dungeon Master's Guide

DMing 5e content, currently:
    Lost Mine of Phandelver
    The Chosen
    Playing in Star Wars Edge of the Empire

Ultimate Licence Holder: You play for free
    1000+ Wizards Of The Coast Miniatures used in-game
    Team Speak Address: ts.fg-con.com
    Password: Dungeoneers

Thread Information