STAR TREK 2d20

Observant Feat Passive Perception Modifier

Im trying to figure out how to make FG2 auto calculate the passive +5 perception modifier from the observant feat on my players character sheets.

As far as I know, FG has very limited "auto" calculating when it comes to class-, race-, monster- and feat-specific information. But this is just a simple matter of typing the number 5 into the MISC column of the perception skills row in the skills tab. There are a number of different things that need to be added manually like this. As you use FG more, you just kind of remember which of these need to be added manually.

EDIT: Oh, hey, welcome to FG!! Keep your questions flowing and you will find that the answers keep flowing too.
    Last edited by spoofer; March 24th, 2015 at 00:35. Reason: say welcome

For permanent modifications on PCs, it's best to add them as Misc modifiers to the PC sheet as spoofer suggested.

For NPCs and PC temporary modifiers, there is no current way to modify the roll (other than manually adjusting the modifier box or setting up a campaign modifier). The next version of FG v3.0.11 will contain new effect tags to modify skills ADVSKILL, DISSKILL, SKILL: #. With these new tags, you could add the effect "SKILL: 5 perception" to the CT entry for the creature.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thanks for the replies guys. I think we have it figured out now. My players were confused on the wording of the feat in the phb and were trying to apply the bonus only to perception skill on the front of the character sheet and not let it taint the perception roll listed under the skills tab.

And thanks for the welcome spoofer. Im sure there will be plenty of questions to come yet. I love the potential i see in FG2 but i must admit its a rather intimidating looking forest to cross. I'm taking things one step at a time though. Currently working on parsing my core rule books, then itll be back to you tube for the tutorials

I have the same issue too. I need to add +5 to Passive Perception and Investigation to the character sheet (bc of the observant feat) and not add it to those skill rolls

You have a +5 bonus to your passive Wisdom (Perception) and passive Intelligence (Investigation) scores.
    How else can you read this rule?

Are passive skills supported in the latest Fantasy Grounds?
    Last edited by StarDebut; July 17th, 2018 at 23:05.
    Timezone: London, Lisbon GMT (EST +5).

You can add a passive modifier to the passive Perception field on the front page of the PC sheet by using CTRL + mouse wheel. There's no place to view/track passive Investigation at this time. Passive skills, other than Perception, don't seem to get used very much in 5E as far as I know.

Regards,
    JPG

In fact when you drag the feat onto the abilities tab it automatically adds +5 to passive perception. Moon Wizard who programmed that in not long ago clearly forgot how wonderful he is
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    In fact when you drag the feat onto the abilities tab it automatically adds +5 to passive perception. Moon Wizard who programmed that in not long ago clearly forgot how wonderful he is
    Thank You. That answers my question.
    Timezone: London, Lisbon GMT (EST +5).

Thread Information