DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 16 of 18 First ... 61415161718 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Quick preview of a couple of pages of the Char Sheet (the tabs havent been updated yet).
    Attachment 14927

And err June/July is looking a bit iffy...
    Hah, well, I'd rather have a great final product than a rushed one, so take your time and the character sheet looks great. The skills when listed like the final picture looks a lot cleaner than how it looks now, which is great.
    Is the character sheet scalable in 7E? Reason I ask is because it's something friends have requested in 6E to have a better overview of the skills

Blog Entries
    The third screen is really for editing the skills - it tracks your point spend etc.
    The second screen is how you would use it normally - you can click on the large number for normal rolls, and the smaller numbers for higher difficulty rolls.
    Making the char sheet expandable vertical can be done - actually it can be expandable both ways but there is little vale in expanding horizontally as many elements cant take advantage of the width.

The third screen is really for editing the skills - it tracks your point spend etc.
    Yeah, that makes sense now that I look at it again (with the viewing/editing differences).

Making the char sheet expandable vertical can be done - actually it can be expandable both ways but there is little vale in expanding horizontally as many elements cant take advantage of the width.
    That would've been a nice feature to add at least, to be able to expand it vertically.

The second screen is how you would use it normally - you can click on the large number for normal rolls, and the smaller numbers for higher difficulty rolls.
    Is it a possibility to change it from three columns to two columns ? I personally think it might look less cluttered with two columns . Might be a preference from my side, but now with 7E having halves and the fifths as well as the normal value there's a lot of information, especially when having custom skills like Other Languages, Science etc.
    I've always felt that it looked a bit cluttered in the 6E as well (despite only using two columns ) when adding skills like Craft, Art, Other Languages (and so on), and since 7E has even more information it might be worth testing with two.

Not sure how others feel about that though, but it's at least the first impression.
    Last edited by Sjelsyk; August 2nd, 2016 at 09:23.

It can be made to use 2 columns, but when I had it like that, the list was way too tall and needed lots of scrolling. With 3 columns we should be able to get all skills on screen at once.

Yeah, I understand, and I'm also all for having the possibility to view all the skills at once (which is why friends have asked if it's possible to expand the character sheet (6E) vertically).
    Is it a lot of work to make the character sheet slightly wider then? Just so there's some extra space between the skills? I'm just thinking out 'loud' Again, this might just be a personal preference for me and might not be something most people care about at all.

@ian => speaking of which - are you guys still planning on getting me appropriate icons for the DOEs so we can integrate them straight out of the box (I'll need a copy of the Ruleset for testing purposes as well)?

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    @ian => speaking of which - are you guys still planning on getting me appropriate icons for the DOEs so we can integrate them straight out of the box (I'll need a copy of the Ruleset for testing purposes as well)?

Cheers
    The icons are with me Dulux_Oz we havent got a final set of desktop icons yet.... I know Ive promised them many times

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjelsyk View Post
    Yeah, I understand, and I'm also all for having the possibility to view all the skills at once (which is why friends have asked if it's possible to expand the character sheet (6E) vertically).
    Is it a lot of work to make the character sheet slightly wider then? Just so there's some extra space between the skills? I'm just thinking out 'loud' Again, this might just be a personal preference for me and might not be something most people care about at all.
    We will change the CharSheet to expand vertically (its an easy change) but we will be leaving the columns as 3... we went thru a number of iterations of the sheet and it was definitely a better overall experience with 3 columns - despite potentially being a bit cluttered (not my choice of wording!).

We will change the CharSheet to expand vertically (its an easy change) but we will be leaving the columns as 3... we went thru a number of iterations of the sheet and it was definitely a better overall experience with 3 columns - despite potentially being a bit cluttered (not my choice of wording!).
    I might have a different opinion when I use it, but it just looked like everything was cramped together with no breathing space (therefore feeling a bit cluttered, or there might be a better word for it but I can't think of one).

Of course I do understand that you want to make it as compact as possible seeing as people also use screens of different resolutions etc.

Also just to make it clear; in no way was I being critical or negative towards all the good hard work you've guys put into it, it was just the first (actually more second, since it was when I looked at the picture the second time that I felt it) impression I was stuck with and I wanted to give some constructive feedback Nothing I'd like more than a ruleset that shines (something I know you guys also want ).

Blog Entries
    All feedback is taken on board
    There is so much information that some screens will be very busy - even the 7e character sheets with 2 full pages have a lot of info on them....
    https://www.chaosium.com/content/Fre...207th%20Ed.pdf

Thread Information