5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Portraits

Portraits

How do I share more portraits with my players? I tried making a separate folder (make .zip, change to .ppk) I am the only one that can see them. I also tried putting them in the existing folder of the portraits that they can see but they can't see any of the new portraits.

To my knowledge, you can't. You can set the portrait on a character from your stock. They can set the portrait from their stock. But you can never see each other's stock.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Portraits come from the local player's directories - this allows the player to organise their own portraits and get them ready before the game. As Nickademus says, the GM can also use their local portraits to set a portrait for a PC, you just can't see the complete portrait lists of anyone else.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    lamesauce
    If you think it is something should be a feature add/vote for it here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/
    Its not currently in the Wishlist.

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

I supposed I could make an image with them all in it, and share with my players so they can pick, or share the portrait pack and they can put it in their folder.

I would do the latter. Just email them the .zip file, and they can extract it to their own portrait folder.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    I supposed I could make an image with them all in it, and share with my players so they can pick, or share the portrait pack and they can put it in their folder.
    let them scour the web and find something they really want...

its just a pain when they find you an image that doesn't scale well so you can use it for token etc, and the portraits have to be a specific size or they are stretched and look weird. Not a big deal just was curious how it all worked. thanks.

A good graphics program like GIMP or Paint.NET will solve those problems. For portraits make sure they are cropped square, resolution doesn't really matter I don't think.

Thread Information