STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Character conection

I have two computers in one of them I connected as host and the other as a guest. On the computer that was as a guest I created shortcuts to a character.
    Now the question I have is:
    If someone else on another computer to use the same name that I used, it will already have created shortcuts and placement of items on the screen or not.

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    If someone else on another computer to use the same name that I used, it will already have created shortcuts and placement of items on the screen or not.
    Things like that are stored locally in the player cache directory, so they won't be available on a different computer; even with the same player name.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure if this helps or not, but the guest computer can choose to "release" any character sheets that they created inside the campaign and then someone else can log in and take control of those characters.

I know about it ddavison (thanks for the help).
    But if I make all shortcuts and export the character he wil be the shortcut for the player what import him?

But if I make all shortcuts and export the character he wil be the shortcut for the player what import him?
    To confirm - what do you mean by shortcuts? Desktop Hot-keys or links to library data/items within the Character Sheet?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Can you post a screen shot of what you are referring to?

Yes Trenloe is Desktop Hot-Keys.

Yes Trenloe is Desktop Hot-Keys.
    In that case, the data is helped locally and is not automatically transferred to any other computer. What I said in post #2 is correct.

However, you can copy over the hotkey info manually:
    1. Open the FG App Data folder directory (click on the folder icon on the FG launch screen).
    2. Go to the cache\<campaign name>\usersettings directory directory.
    3. There will be some files called hotkeys_id-XXXXX.xml (where X is the character number in the main campaign database - starting at 00001).
    4. If there are multiple hotkeys_id-XXXXX.xml files, open them with a text editor and determine which one is the one you want to transfer.
    5. Copy this hotkeys_id-XXXXX.xml file to the same location on the other computer - cache\<campaign name>\usersettings.

Then, when that PC is used on the other computer it will use the same hotkeys. If you make changes to them you will have to copy the file again as required.

Thanks for the help, I tested the instructions and they worked

Thread Information