5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

[Pathfinder] Age of Worms Thursdays {22:00 UTC-5}

CURRENTLY FULL

Game Calendar Link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=1361

Game System: Pathfinder
    Rulebooks: Pathfinder Core Rulebook (Only)
    License Required: None, I have the Ultimate license

What: Age of Worms Campaign (converted to pathfinder)
    When: Thursdays 11:00pm EDT (-5 GMT)
    Duration: [Plan for 4 hour game sessions]
    Communication: Teamspeak with headset(play as well as out of character)
    Anticipated Start Date: March 19th
    Players (Approved/Total):3/4

Roleplay/Combat
    : 25%/75%
    Character Creation: 20 point-buy (no stats above 18/below 7 with racial modifiers)
    Character Races Allowed: All core only
    Character Classes Allowed: All core and archetypes, no classes from other books
    Character Alignment Allowed: Any non-evil
    Character Starting HP: Max at first level, each level rolled, may reroll first attempt if less that 50% of HD
    Character Starting Gold: Max listed for class (see below)
    Character Traits: 2 traits or 3 traits with 1 drawback
    Character Starting Level: 1

GM Experience: Been out of role playing for several years and just getting back to playing (D&D, AD&D, 3.5). First time using pathfinder rules and I am sure I am still rusty on GM'ing. I am always open to suggestions to improve our game.
    GM's FG Experience: Been messing around for the past year with FG building modules and have GM'ed a few one-on-one games. Still learning some of the obscure nuances, but feel comfortable with program and it's shortcuts.
    Player Experience: New and experienced fantasy grounds and pathfinder players are welcome. I am still learning Pathfinder system, so there will be bumps in the beginning. All I ask is that you're respectful to everyone involved and willing to grow with us as a group and have fun.

Gamestyle:
    --#1 goal is to have fun and make the players the heroes. I am always open to suggestions to improve gameplay.
    --This will have dungeon crawl characteristics. The group will ultimately determine the goals and type of gamestyle.

Rule Play: will be followed as closely as possible, however, will not hold up gameplay. They are considered to be guidelines. We are here to have fun and keep the story going. If rule is debated, will be adjudicated and discussed after the session.
    Campaign Materials: This campaign will be based off of Dungeon Magazine adventure placed in Forgotten Realms, it will have some modifications to the monsters, storylines, but I ask that you do not meta game the adventures in the campaign. Obviously ruins the fun for you as well as the party.
    GM RL obligations: As GM, I have a job that requires swing shifts (I do not have a set schedule of days [IE: M-F] or times [IE: 9-5pm] that I always have off. However, I do know my schedule 2 months in advance at all times). This means that the game may not be played every week on Thursday, but will try to be as consistent as work allows. If everyone involved is available on a different day of the week, I am open for changing the day of the week for that week.
    Missing Players: The game will go on if you are not available, if we have a quorum ( 50% of players present). Your character will be played by another player, but we will do our best to keep your character true to how you play him/her.
    Dice Rolls: NPC/Mob attack and damage rolls will all be visual during combat.
    Deaths: Character deaths may occur. If they do, another character of party level can be created and will be inserted into the campaign when time is suitable. If it occurs in middle of session, a backup character can be inserted when it fits the story. However, the game is about the players, you all are the heroes. I will not try to kill the players just because I am the GM.
    Classes: We do not need the 'holy trinity' or 'four square' of characters (fighter, thief, healer, caster) in our party. If we don't have one type of class, the game will go on. I will work through the campaign knowing, that that type of class is not available. So, you don't have to be the rogue because there is no rogue in your party.
    Starting Gear: Anything within core rulebook. You can use masterwork items as well. Any magical items will need GM approval.
    Background: I recommend a character background being created prior to the first gaming session. This not only makes the gaming event more enjoyable, but also helps integrate your PC into the world. If you send this to me prior to gaming session, you will get an additional 100 gp for every paragraph (5 sentences or more) up to 500 gp maximum. This is to reward your time put into creation. I like to weave your backgrounds into the game. Feel free to interweave your backgrounds with other players as well.

I look forward to the comments and the fun gameplay to be had by all in the group. Feel free to PM or reply if you are interested.

Artrem
    Last edited by Artrem; March 17th, 2016 at 00:50.

I'm very interested in playing, however I'm not very experienced. I've been looking to get into P&P games for a while now, but live in an area where it's difficult to put together a consistent gaming group. I've played a few sessions of D&D 3.5 and a few sessions of All Flesh Must Be Eaten. I have the PF CRB, but have not had the opportunity to play it as of yet. As for availability, I'm literally down for whatever. I have three characters made up already that I can re-do attributes on (a Sorc, Monk, and Barb), but am willing to try out whatever the party wants/needs.
    Last edited by Tyhrus; March 5th, 2015 at 06:35.

Will you be using this module with the world in pathfinder or something like Forgotten Realms but with Pathfinder ruleset?
    It was not clear what the starting level was ...though the calender suggests it has a starting of level 1?
    I do not own the core rulebook itself. I tend to use D20pfsrd for making characters and guidance. I cannot tell what the core rules are regarding traits so are we allowed 2 traits under core rules?

I have in mind too make an elven bard.

Ultimate License Owner
    Member: THAC0 group

Hello, I'm interested in joining as well.

In reply to JerryRig, I believe you can take up to 3 traits if you also take a drawback for your character.

I don't believe traits/drawbacks were introduced in the CRB (believe they were a feature added in the Advanced Player's Guide). However, if the GM could weigh in on whether that system would be available for us to use, I'd be interested in using traits/drawbacks to create my potential character as well.

Thanks for the quick replies on playing, was much faster than I figured it would take to get almost a full group.

@Tyhrus: Welcome aboard! We'll work out the bumps as we go. I suggest playing whatever character class that interests you the most and will be the most enjoyable. As I stated above, I'll tailor the campaign with the group's classes in mind.

@JerryRig: We will be starting play at level 1 and will play this through the world of Forgotten Realms (unless the group has a strong preference for pathfinder). The conversion to forgotten realms will be for lore, gods, and locations. Other world specifics I'm happy to work with the group. As for the core rules, d20pfsrd is fine, if there is anything that is from something else, happy to discuss it with you when I see it. As for traits, I have no problem with using traits, let's do 2 traits for each character, and may have 3 traits, but must take a drawback as well.

@xzenarcade: Happy to have you along as well, please feel free post any questions that you have about the campaign if still unsure.

I am willing to log in on TS and fantasy grounds on next week to meet members, discuss characters and specifics.

Finally, I am setting up a pdf with the background information about the town and several key players from the town that we will be starting in for this campaign. I will have it to you by Sunday (3 days). I feel that if one or more players are from the actual town, this would lead to several interesting tie ins to the story as well as some great roleplaying opportunities. If you're interested, please drop me a line.

Finally, we are still looking for 1-2 players to fill the group. Start date will be as originally planned.

Looking forward to a great campaign!

I'm on FG TS server and usually visit it a couple times a day if I don't hang out there while tinkering with other things on my computer.

Ultimate License Owner

Will try and work in a storyline with the local theme when you make it known.

Ultimate License Owner

Thanks for the quick replies on playing, was much faster than I figured it would take to get almost a full group.

Tyhrus: Welcome aboard! We'll work out the bumps as we go. I suggest playing whatever character class that interests you the most and will be the most enjoyable. As I stated above, I'll tailor the campaign with the group's classes in mind.

JerryRig: Elven bard sounds good. Glad to have ya playing. We will be starting play at level 1 and will play this through the world of Forgotten Realms (unless the group has a strong preference for pathfinder). The conversion to forgotten realms will be for lore, gods, and locations. Other world specifics I'm happy to work with the group. As for the core rules, d20pfsrd is fine, if there is anything that is from something else, happy to discuss it with you when I see it. As for traits, I have no problem with using traits, let's do 2 traits for each character, and may have 3 traits, but must take a drawback as well.

xzenarcade: Happy to have you along as well, please feel free post any questions that you have about the campaign if still unsure.

I am willing to log in on TS and fantasy grounds on next week to meet members, discuss characters and specifics.

Finally, I am setting up a pdf with the background information about the town and several key players from the town that we will be starting in for this campaign. I will have it to you by Sunday (3 days). I feel that if one or more players are from the actual town, this would lead to several interesting tie ins to the story as well as some great roleplaying opportunities. If you're interested, please drop me a line.

Finally, we are still looking for 1-2 players to fill the group. Start date will be as originally planned.

Looking forward to a great campaign!

[Sorry for the delay, had issue posting due to putting 'at' signs in my reply. Took me a long time to figure that out]
    Last edited by Artrem; March 6th, 2015 at 01:23.

Ah, so you've realised that the (at) signs in your previous entries were requiring the post to be moderated... I'd just approved one of the previous posts too!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information