FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 11 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    thankyou trenloe - setcolor works (as opposed to setcolour).
    rtfm!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    rtfm!
    it was but a dig at myself... and I suppose American spelling...

Great. I am looking forward to trying it!

I love Core a lot, since I am in the minority that rarely play D&D but all kinds of weird systems. So Core opens up for a lot of possibilities. Which makes me glad that some will invest time in improving it. Much appreciated!

Vires Animi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    Great. I am looking forward to trying it!

I love Core a lot, since I am in the minority that rarely play D&D but all kinds of weird systems. So Core opens up for a lot of possibilities. Which makes me glad that some will invest time in improving it. Much appreciated!
    Im open to suggestions. I dont want to turn this into an entire ruleset but if you have ideas that go in a similar direction to what Im thinking I will try to implement them.
    I would like to get targeting to do some reporting (but no calculations as that would start making it specific and reduce its value to many rulesets) eg
    Scarface [A] Blunderbus 18 at Pirate
    Scarface [D] Blunderbus 7 at Pirate

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Im open to suggestions. I dont want to turn this into an entire ruleset but if you have ideas that go in a similar direction to what Im thinking I will try to implement them.
    I would like to get targeting to do some reporting (but no calculations as that would start making it specific and reduce its value to many rulesets) eg
    Scarface [A] Blunderbus 18 at Pirate
    Scarface [D] Blunderbus 7 at Pirate
    Every RPG employs some sort of targeting, but I think it would be rather difficult to incorporate into MoreCore, simply because of the lack of stats in the previous version HOWEVER:

Given the latest version, abd that every RPG also handles combat with some manner of health AC and To Hit categories, you have "basic stats" and you can incorporate NPCs into the tracker; targeting wouldn't be too much of a stretch - perhaps a little less automation, but functional. You can easily pick up the NPCs DB node (it already is being accessed just from the CoreRPG token to token targeting (did you ever try this?). Grab that node and I think you'll have a portable CT. Remember, you aren't doing anything but displaying a message with your attack, you aren't applying damage.

Cheers,
    SF
    Last edited by S Ferguson; March 14th, 2015 at 16:08. Reason: an oops....
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by S Ferguson View Post
    Every RPG employs some sort of targeting, but I think it would be rather difficult to incorporate into MoreCore, simply because of the lack of stats in the previous version HOWEVER:

Given the latest version, abd that every RPG also handles combat with some manner of health AC and To Hit categories, you have "basic stats" and you can incorporate NPCs into the tracker; targeting wouldn't be too much of a stretch - perhaps a little less automation, but functional. You can easily pick up the NPCs DB node (it already is being accessed just from the CoreRPG token to token targeting (did you ever try this?). Grab that node and I think you'll have a portable CT. Remember, you aren't doing anything but displaying a message with your attack, you aren't applying damage.

Cheers,
    SF
    Targeting and automation are 2 different things.
    The extension does now report the following:
    Scarface: [A] Blunderbus vs Pirate (18)
    Scarface: [D] Blunderbus vs Pirate (7)

The [A] and the [D] are just part of the string the Char or NPC has in their Attacks field. You could use [ATK], [Attack], [DMG], [Damage] etc

eg: [A] Blunderbus 1d20+2, [D] Blunderbus 1d8+2,

If these fields are formatted correctly (as above) they will roll into chat window and report targeting info.

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

In the targeting "box," you occasionally get the top members target outside the bounds of the target box. I also couldn't replicate the targeting info, (by dragging two PCs into the CT and trying to get them to show the "vs." info). Is there a special trick like token to token targeting?

Cheers,
    SF
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Blog Entries
    It is a v0.60 feature along with several other improvements.
    It should be up today sometime (my day is different to your day though...)

The Attack mini-frame is slightly incorrect on PCs which is causing that issue you describe.
    It is not fixed in 0.60 either.

It is a v0.60 feature along with several other improvements.
    It should be up today sometime (my day is different to your day though...)

The Attack mini-frame is slightly incorrect on PCs which is causing that issue you describe.
    It is not fixed in 0.60 either.
    Actually your day might coincide with mine. it depends on when I go to bed... I was so looking forward to this. Also, are you planning to pull in the token's name value on the CT? Or just leave it as a token. I find it's easier to read with the name. I look forward to the update.

Cheers,
    SF
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Blog Entries
    Added Targeting info to Combat Rolls.
    Added options for 4 colour choices on Column numbers in Combat Tracker.
    Added option for Black or White Column headings in Combat Tracker.
    Added option for Column 3 to ADD any dragged numbers to the existing value (useful when this column is used as Wounds).

Added more comments in the code.

Post #1 updated.

Thread Information