5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by kalannar View Post
    Testing out the new version and I noticed when I make a ability check for an NPC it doubles the ability score modifier instead of just adding it to the die roll.
    Which ruleset?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

JohnD,

Adding multiple spell classes is actually fairly major update to C&C. I'm guessing that a lot of code could be borrowed from 3.5E ruleset, but the issue is that all the features that come along with all the spell updates for 3.5E would also need to be implemented. Also, the current PC spell data would need to be migrated to a new data structure by updating the VersionManager script. It would be great for C&C in general, but too big of a project for me right now.

If someone wanted to implement the changes and send it over, I would love to include it. I'll have to check with Doug if we have a developer currently maintaining the ruleset, and if they can take on.

Regards,
    JPG

Updates

• [PFRPG] Updated Daze spell description with differences from 3.5E.
    • [5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Ability tags in effect text not being handled correctly if modifiers used (+, -, 2, H). Fixed.
    • [5E] Ability modifier incorrectly being added twice to ability checks. Fixed.
    • [DEV] Added wildcard module path option to all API functions and controls which specify data paths. Usage is @*, instead of @<module name>.

JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    JohnD,

Adding multiple spell classes is actually fairly major update to C&C. I'm guessing that a lot of code could be borrowed from 3.5E ruleset, but the issue is that all the features that come along with all the spell updates for 3.5E would also need to be implemented. Also, the current PC spell data would need to be migrated to a new data structure by updating the VersionManager script. It would be great for C&C in general, but too big of a project for me right now.

If someone wanted to implement the changes and send it over, I would love to include it. I'll have to check with Doug if we have a developer currently maintaining the ruleset, and if they can take on.

Regards,
    JPG
    Ah, I see... well thanks for the added clarity. Understand that it's a bigger job than just dropping in some code.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I think I found one. 5E Ruleset.

While the 5E Effect page on the wiki seems to suggest that RESIST and VULN support a number value, using a number value with either of them doesn't seem to be working (ie 'RESIST: 5 fire').

It should be noted that the basic functionality of both effects does work, for example 'RESIST: bludgeoning' does in fact halve the damage taken from a bludgeoning attack. But when I tried to get the "Heavy Armor Master" feat working for one of my players with an effect of 'RESIST: 3 bludgeoning, piercing, slashing' (and a few other tests) it ignored the '3' value and just gave him straight-up resist (half damage) to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing. Which, for the record, he was quite happy with - until we spotted the bug a few rounds later.

BTW it appears the Incorporeal effect is fubared (if you didnt already pick that up) in 3.5e,PFRPG. Reported it in the House of Healing. Its been confirmed too. The incorporeal effect seems to get passed onto the monster's Target.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Updates

• Cleaned up some typos and copyrights.
    • [LAUNCHER] Added community suggested loading tips.
    • [DEV] Modules can be used in an uncompressed format by placing module files in their own sub-directory under modules data directory. Module folders have priority over MOD files.
    • [DEV] Added announcement tag and attributes (text, font, icon) to ruleset and extension definition files. Any announcement text will be output to chat window on initial load. See CoreRPG for example.

JPG

Hi,

Get an error after the last update:

Attachment 9314

Quote Originally Posted by Vackipleur View Post
    Hi,

Get an error after the last update:

Attachment 9314
    What ruleset are you trying to load? This is running in "test" mode, correct?

This is saying that FG can't find a the ruleset files - re-run the update and hopefully this will reload the ruleset that is missing. If not, you may need to go to the <FG App data>\rulesets directory and remove any files called <your ruleset name>.pak and any directories of the same name, then re-run an update.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information