DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

See who's connected to game?

I was testing how everything looks and work for my adventure by connecting my laptop to the game hosted by my desktop. I connected from my laptop as a player and I noticed on the DM screen it doesn't show me who's connected, only when they initially connect. It won't show the player name even when they have a character chosen.

Look in the log? Also, you can look at the character selection window, it will tell you who owns which character, and cross reference that with the characters in the game.

Shouldn't it list the names on the bottom next to the GM? I remember playing GURPS and other systems where you can click their name in order to whisper to another player etc. I only see GM listed on the bottom.

Those names along the bottom are identities for the GM to use for NPCs when chatting - they aren't a list of players. More info on identities here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ing_Identities

I'm not aware of a way to see who is connected other thank the connected/disconnected messages in the chat window.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hmm fair enough. I wish by the character portraits it showed their Name though rather than the character name.. or perhaps both. But it only shows the character name.

Well, from the way I see it, since you choose what name to use on a connection to connection basis, seing who is connected doesn't work as good. It would maybe be better if FG was connected to your account here or something, then you could cross reference it with the forum user... or something.

/H

We don't stop playing because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing!

Now running the first installment of Horizons of the Vast, a Starfinder Campaign, and Kingmaker 2nd ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Honken View Post
    Well, from the way I see it, since you choose what name to use on a connection to connection basis, seing who is connected doesn't work as good. It would maybe be better if FG was connected to your account here or something, then you could cross reference it with the forum user... or something.

/H

This method wouldn't work well for local play though. Not everybody wants to make an account on the forums. A simple Name and character name under their portrait would suffice just perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    This method wouldn't work well for local play though. Not everybody wants to make an account on the forums. A simple Name and character name under their portrait would suffice just perfect.
    I know my players. I know that Myschkin is Jim, Beska is Emily, etc...

Do you do a lot of one-shots?

Not really. Just looking to make it easier to remember who is who especially if I play online and don't really know everyone's names to begin with, maybe only their username etc. Being able to see their username/name alongside their character name would help "put a face to the name" so to speak. I mean, I guess I can quickly jot a note down to keep track.

Or use the notes feature in Fantasy Grounds.

Thread Information