STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Complete list of tips from splash text on load screen?

Hi all,
    Is there a complete list somewhere of all the user tips that appear as splash text on the FG load screen?

The other day I noticed a very useful tip I didn't know. Of course I've completely forgotten what it was...

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Also interested.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

"When in doubt about what you can do, try right clicking to bring up a radial context menu.",
    "Access multiple hot key banks using combinations of Shift, Alt and Ctrl.",
    "Drag tokens onto the desktop and the hot key slots for quick access.",
    "To pick up more dice of the type you're about to roll, right click while dragging.",
    "Hold down Shift, Ctrl or Alt when pressing enter to send chat in different modes.",
    "The GM can lock tokens on maps for his approval, such as during combat.",
    "Use the scroll wheel to quickly adjust number field values (may need to hold Ctrl).",
    "Each player can activate multiple characters.",
    "To send a private whisper, use '/w [character name] [message]'; or '/w GM [message]'.",
    "To make a quick chat comment while typing a longer one, switch lines using Ctrl-up/down.",
    "As a GM, make shortcuts on maps by enabling shortcuts from the radial menu (or holding Ctrl key).",
    "Quickly draw pointers on maps by holding both buttons (try Shift, Alt and Ctrl).",
    "There's a link to the application data folder on the launcher screen.",
    "Change the default dice position on the desktop using the desktop radial menu.",
    "To roll different kinds of dice together, drop them onto a hot key slot.",
    "There are several ways to activate hot keys: clicking, dragging and the function keys.",
    "Hold down Ctrl to negate a number you're dragging. Convenient for healing.",
    "Name a token on a map by dragging text from the chat line onto it.",
    "Story pages, images/maps etc. can be grouped under category tabs.",
    "Category tabs can be created or deleted by the right click radial menu.",
    "Add a name to a category tab by dragging text from the chat box to the tab.",
    "As a GM, scale all tokens on a map by zooming and locking the token scale from the menu.",
    "The image to token ratio and other image settings can be set by using the context menu.",
    "Tokens can be individually scaled by using the mouse wheel and holding the Ctrl key.",
    "Tokens can be targeted by clicking on the desired target while holding the Ctrl key while .",
    "Multiple tokens can be selected using Shift key while clicking (or selection mode button).",
    "When multiple tokens selected, you can target or move them as a group.",
    "When drawing/selecting/targeting, hold Shift key to freehand select (instead of box).",
    "Links can be shared by GM by dropping them on the chat window."

Let me know if anyone has suggestions to update or add to these tips. I don't think they've been updated for years.

Cheers,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    A couple of quick ones off top of my head.

The GM can share an Image or Story with individual Characters by dragging it onto their Portrait.
    When starting a new campaign check you have set all your Options in the Options Menu.
    Use the Clear Targets button on your Map to quickly clear current targets.
    Use Target Enemy Units or Target Friendly Units button(s) on your map for Area of Affect spells.
    Once the Grid is enabled use the Grid Toolbar buttons to fine tune your grid settings.

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Tell your friends about Fantasy Grounds!

Thanks for posting these. Some of these tips are entirely new to me.

Another wrinkle: load screens vary in length based on the system used. Often, the tip in the splash text goes by too fast (or at least for slower readers like me). Perhaps the tip could (optionally) appear in the Chat window along with other info about what version of the game and which extensions were booted?

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

I've actually thought recently about adding a capability to include a meta-tag in rulesets and extensions which would be published to the chat window on load. Currently, all notifications like that are all implemented as Lua and XML code.

Cheers,
    JPG

I'm not sure if this is a typo or a bad copy and paste but there is an extra "while" at the end:
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard
    "Tokens can be targeted by clicking on the desired target while holding the Ctrl key while ."
    Last edited by Griogre; February 27th, 2015 at 16:16.

Blog Entries
    I think we just wanted to simulate an open world sandbox style RPG. You can fill in the blank with whatever you want there.

while holding the Ctrl key while...
    • making an omelet
    • drinking a beer
    • roaring like a dragon
    • dancing in your chair
    • staring ominously at your target on Skype video
    • laughing like a maniac

Thread Information