FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 9 of 15 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    I look forward to hearing how it went. I think the first time you drop an area of effect cone on the battlefield, they will be impressed.

Have a video camera setup and record it!

Awesome stuff Any chance of a pic of it in action? I am sure the players will love it.
    Personally, I like using minis as its easier to engage the players as they get to move themselves about etc. A disadvantage is that you lose FG's automation, and also I have found that for large maps I need to scroll about a bit, so having static tokens would be good. Its horses for courses
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Lcd vtt

I know its been a while since you posted this but I thought I'd throw in my two cents for posterity's sake. My group uses a Lenovo Horizion tabletop PC to run games. I currently use roll20 with Realm Works and DM from my laptop while the players use the tabletop pc. It's a really good setup. I'm looking at using Fantasy Grounds to get away from the reliance on the Internet and web browsers. So far I must say I'm not very impressed with Fantasy Grounds. Going to keep banging away at it since I already have everything entered into Roll20 and Realm Works there's no need for Fantasy Grounds but I really like the look and feel of the program. Here's some questions:
    How does it work having people play locally? Will I have to buy a player's license just to play locally? Also, how does Fantasy Grounds handle touch screen input. Some programs aren't well written to take advantage of touch screen input. Even some you would expect. Anyhow, I know this is an old thread but it seemed relevant so I'm hoping someone can share their experiences using Fantasy Grounds for local, live play.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarian View Post
    Actually, I was thinking more of an alternative display. Back to back with the laptop, showing the player view. I don't think LCD screens react to well to being laid flat, especially if being bumped or knocked. For putting the map on the table itself, the projector is the better solution, but possibly more expensive. There's also the problem of people causing an eclipse when they get their head in the way.

You would need a full license to play a face to face game, mainly so you could save campaign data.

What are you trying to do in Fantasy Grounds that you aren't impressed with? Maybe make another thread where yuo can list your questions and such and we can help.

Quote Originally Posted by bullywug View Post
    Also, how does Fantasy Grounds handle touch screen input.
    You can do most operations with a touch screen. See a recent discussion on this here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-functionality
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    You can use a single license to host the game as a GM and then run a second instance connected to localhost for display of the player only view running over a projector or on a TV/2nd display.

Also

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    I look forward to hearing how it went. I think the first time you drop an area of effect cone on the battlefield, they will be impressed.
    Well I used it and they freaked out!!! The were really impressed with the distance pointer! Also scaling out to see the whole area and panning to the new location was something new for all of us.... thanks to Fantasy Grounds. Now another one of my players and a DM is getting the product. So as of Friday the 13th...ouuuuu we will have one laptop for the players and one for the DM.. thus an independent mouse (yeahhh).

I will take pictures. They are in Greenest Episode 1. (Hoard of the Dragon Queen)

My only challenge was removing the right token from the board when i removed it from the Combat tracker. (because I am not using the target sytem).

Blog Entries
    Nice.

Were you using the locked tokens and waypoint movement with approvals or just allowing free movement? This normally falls to personal preference, but there are people who like one method over another.

Quote Originally Posted by Patou View Post
    My only challenge was removing the right token from the board when i removed it from the Combat tracker. (because I am not using the target sytem).
    If you drag/drop the token to the map from the combat tracker (CT) then the record in the CT will be linked to the token on the map. When you remove the record from the combat tracker the token on the map will automatically be removed too.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information