DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 15 First 1234513 ... Last
    I've download the trial version to see how one moves a window from the main computer to the projector and/or HD TV. I am testing this to see how complicated it is and I noticed that I can't bring the map page for the demo campaign onto my tv??? Arg!

I don't want to have to bring my main page to the tv.... just the playing map and other windows I might want to share.

Is this at all possible?

Blog Entries
    So, with the Full version, you can have two instances running; one GM and one Player. You'd I assume have your computer set up to recognize the tv as a 2nd monitor. You would pull the Player instance of FG to the tv.

Then on the GM side, you'd share the map or picture or whatever you want to share with your players - it would appear as you decided it should on the Player iteration.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thanks JohnD,

It works with the trial version. Your awesome and i'm sold. Now i just need to learn the software to run my 5E campaign. From one DM to another... thanks

Blog Entries
    No problem! FG is a great application, without it my gaming life would have been ended a few years ago... glad you're here and welcome aboard.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

Jolly Blackburn (of KoDT fame) uses a digital projection and Roll20. Everyone should work on him and get him to try FG.

Is there a way to hide the desktop dice so they go behind open windows (in this case a map pulled out to full screen)?
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Quote Originally Posted by Skellan View Post
    Is there a way to hide the desktop dice so they go behind open windows (in this case a map pulled out to full screen)?
    Not without removing them completely from the ruleset. You can drag the dice way off to the side and set their default location there, but they'd still be visible and on top of maps/windows.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Shopping for the right VT:

Man Oh Man.... Fantasy Grounds seems to have it all except the lighting & vision effects. I don't mind paying for the system because after playing around on the trial version and watching a ton of videos online I love the easiness it provides for the DM.

Does not having dynamic lighting and vision distance really make a difference? (as in Maptool & Roll20)

Not to me, but I tend to use images rather than maps. The odd time I use a map, I haven't especially felt the need for dynamic lighting. Just one more thing to set up beforehand.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Blog Entries
    Dynamic lighting sounds great in principle... but just think of all the extra time a DM is going to need to spend preparing for sessions instead of running them to set it up properly.

- John Diefenbaker

Thread Information