5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Microsoft Surface Pro

So, i was showing a friend of mine the FG software earlier today and he was pretty impressed. Unfortunately, the only thing he has is a Microsoft Surface Pro he purchased last year and he is wondering if it will work with it. I've searched the forums to see if FG will run on that, but all i could find are considerably older posts that weren't all that promising... If anyone could shed some light on the subject, it would be much appreciated

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ft-surface-pro
    https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php...for-RPGs/page5

Thats the best i could find for answers to your question.

The best part is you can try out Fantasy Grounds with the free license , or even play in a game with someone who has an ultimate license before you shell out any cash.

I run it on my Surface Pro 3 just fine.

Excellent! Thanks! I'll let him know

Fantasy Grounds runs fine on a Surface Pro. I have one myself. If you're running the game as GM, the wireless connectivity may slow you down some, but no more than running off wireless anyway. You'll need to have a USB mouse, the trackpad is okay but the mouse makes life a lot easier, and you have access to the wheel function. You can't press both the left mouse button and the right, to add dice, on the surface pro trackpad.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Blog Entries
    The surface pro will be perfectly fine with the following caveats:

1. Fantasy Grounds doesnt really support touch for a large range of actions. Many actions require a mouse and a keyboard will make things easier.
    2. The very high resolution of the Surface Pro means that a lot of things in FG will be very small. If your friends eyesight is not great he might want to go into Settings and change the scale to 125 or 150%.

Otherwise - it will work fine.

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Thanks for the tips!

What about a standard Surface 2? Not a Pro line Surface?
    Running: Ultimate License (FGC/FGU)
    Preferred Rulesets: Pathfinder/Starfinder
    Timezone: US Eastern Standard Time [EST = GMT -5; EDT = GMT - 4]

Thread Information