DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Crumbs, I was going to offer a Skype session or a Hangout. Trenloe's written an essay on the subject
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Sorry, I'd rather teach you how to fish than give you a big smelly fish!
    If I got what I asked for, it would have been a fishing pole and a good spot to fish at. What I got was a good description to where I could buy an axe, a knife, a hook and a line; combined with an instruction on what type of small tree that makes a good pole and a description on where to find water to fish in and what to look for to find a good spot.

So I guess I should start working on my fishing tools

Quote Originally Posted by Valarian View Post
    Crumbs, I was going to offer a Skype session or a Hangout. Trenloe's written an essay on the subject
    I'm sort of on a dance class frenzy, so it would have been a few days until I would have time for a more direct communication style (currently posting during small gaps at work). But thanks for the thought

Quote Originally Posted by Lundgren View Post
    If I got what I asked for, it would have been a fishing pole and a good spot to fish at. What I got was a good description to where I could buy an axe, a knife, a hook and a line; combined with an instruction on what type of small tree that makes a good pole and a description on where to find water to fish in and what to look for to find a good spot.

So I guess I should start working on my fishing tools
    So I'm guessing you actually haven't gone through my post in detail? The code snippets I included show you how to do a lot of what you asked for in post #5 - it shows how to add a group box on the main tab (check) , it shows how to add a Strength label (check), it shows how to add a strength field where you can enter a value for strength (check). Basically what is highlighted here:

Definitely giving you the tools to go fishing!

Putting it all together for you in a usable package would have taken me at least another hour of my valuable time and you probably would have come back with a bunch of questions about how it all hangs together, how templates work, what bounds and anchoring are etc..
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Definitely giving you the tools to go fishing!

Putting it all together for you in a usable package would have taken me at least another hour of my valuable time and you probably would have come back with a bunch of questions about how it all hangs together, how templates work, what bounds and anchoring are etc..
    I think you misinterpreted me. It was a "Yes, you taught me how to fish and more." But metaphors sometimes tend to not carry well over Internet, even if it isn't as bad as irony.

So I'm really grateful for your post. I have not had time to dig into the files yet, but your text have already made it a lot clearer to me.

I think you misinterpreted me. It was a "Yes, you taught me how to fish and more." But metaphors sometimes tend to not carry well over Internet, even if it isn't as bad as irony.

So I'm really grateful for your post. I have not had time to dig into the files yet, but your text have already made it a lot clearer to me.
    Yeah, sorry - I was reading that providing you too much info was a problem. Sorry for the misunderstanding and for clearing that up.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Not what I was looking for, but something I most likely will find useful in the future.

It is the XML files, or file, to create something like this I'm looking for.

Attachment 8907

Just a sheet with as few things as possible, so I can see what I need to do so the XML-file is called and how to put a few elements on there. If we were talking about driving, I'm at the "Okay, but how do I open the door?" level
    Sorry - I *know* thats not what you were after - I posted it because a lot of people underestimate how much can be done with CoreRPG and no coding.
    You still get all of CoreRPGs goodness you just have to trial a few different ways of displaying your stats and setting up your rolls.

Blog Entries
    you can download Trail of Cthulhu or Extinction Event from the https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/ and see the Character Sheet modifications they have done.
    couple those examples with Trenloes directions and you will be able to configure what you want.
    be aware - it is probably going to take you a lot longer than you think it will...

I would look at Numenera for a much simpler execution of a ruleset. It doesn't have as much automation, since Numenera is a rules-light system; and it has custom character/NPC sheets.

Cheers,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    i still really struggle with <windowclass> and with <rightanchor>.... any pointers on either of these...

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Thread Information