5E Character Create Playlist
Page 8 of 17 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    In case you are not subscribed to the FG Con Newsletter here is a link to what went out less than 24 hours ago - and we have almost 100 bookings already.

https://www.fg-con.com/?wysija-page=...ew&email_id=26

Please share with friends who might be interested in joining your hobby!

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Blog Entries
    Thank you, damned and ianmward!

Love the visual calendar...

Hey Guys,
    I'm playing in games Friday and Sunday, and it looks like you have plenty of DM's and games for all the days, but if the need arises for a substitute DM to fill in or take over in an emergency on Saturday, let me know and I'd be happy to fill in with a 5e D&D game, got plenty of material.
    Thanks JH79
    AKA: Valorious Goodspeak: Gold Hill Dwarf Cleric
    Thaldor Hammersmith: Mountain Shield Dwarf

Parsed full versions-5th Edition books in-game: Player's Handbook, Monster Manual, Dungeon Master's Guide

DMing 5e content, currently:
    Lost Mine of Phandelver
    The Chosen
    Playing in Star Wars Edge of the Empire

Ultimate Licence Holder: You play for free
    1000+ Wizards Of The Coast Miniatures used in-game
    Team Speak Address: ts.fg-con.com
    Password: Dungeoneers

Blog Entries
    sent you a PM jh79

Blog Entries
    FG Con 6 runs in just under 3 weeks!
    We have 57 games covering lots of rulesets and lots of genres!
    We have about 35 GMs running these awesome game sessions and we have taken almost 250 bookings!
    We have room for almost 100 more players.

Please invite your friends.
    Invite people youve played with in the past who may have been missing for a while.
    Invite your enemies.
    Share the link and dates on your favourite forums outside this one!

There are games here for just about everyone from 5e to DCC, from 50 Fathoms to Star Trek, FireFly to Thunderbirds, Extinction Event to Shadowrun, Star Wars to Pathfinder, Call of Cthulhu to Trail of Cthulhu and so much more!

Its Free - totally Free - you ca play with a Demo license!
    What do you need? Teamspeak 3 installed and configured. A headset and mic. Fantasy Grounds installed and updated. Register on the https://www.fg-con.com/events website!

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

I am DMing a game with complete strangers for the first time. Does anyone have a list of questions / reminders / things they should do ahead of time that they send out to players? It would save me reinventing the wheel.

Thanks, Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by spoofer View Post
    I am DMing a game with complete strangers for the first time. Does anyone have a list of questions / reminders / things they should do ahead of time that they send out to players? It would save me reinventing the wheel.

Thanks, Kevin
    This is something I put together for the PFS GMs (edited to remove PFS stuff):

Dear player, Thanks for taking part in FG Con VI!

This email is in relation to the event AAAAAAAAAAAAA that you have registered a booking for.

I am <your GM><the con admin> for this game and we would like to make sure of a few things in advance of the event.

1. The FG Con event will be run using Teamspeak3 for voice communications. More information can be found here: https://www.fg-con.com/information/teamspeak/ Make sure this is setup and tested before your event so there are no delays in getting the game started. You must have a headset with integral microphone – using external speakers/microphones give too much feedback (even if using push-to-talk) and spoil the game for the GM and other players, so please make sure you have a headset with integral microphone. Also, please make sure you are playing the game in a relatively quiet environment – extra background noise will make you hard to hear.

2. Make sure Fantasy Grounds is installed and tested. More information here: https://www.fg-con.com/information/fantasy-grounds/

The GM/con admin will work with you in advance of the event to make sure that you are fully set up for the event and answer any questions you may have. If you haven’t used Fantasy Grounds before, please spend a bit of time familiarising yourself with the application – these set of videos are a good place to start: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?ann...id=O5XLiKjA7Cw

If you wish to comment on a specific event and have all those involved (GM and players) see your question/comment then please use the “Leave a Reply” section on the individual event detail page.

Thanks!

<GM/Admin name>
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks so much. This is exactly the sort of thing that I need. Do you have any advice for first timer FG Con DMs? I have been playing with veteran players for some time, so I have forgotten what things new players struggle with. What should I do to make this go as smoothly as possible?

Thanks.

K.

Quote Originally Posted by spoofer View Post
    Do you have any advice for first timer FG Con DMs? I have been playing with veteran players for some time, so I have forgotten what things new players struggle with. What should I do to make this go as smoothly as possible?
    The players may be both new to FG *and* 5E, so don't try to to do everything by the rules or use lots of automation within FG (especially effects). Let players roll and manually work out the result if they're struggling with using the FG interface. Try to show off the great things about FG without making new players think it's overly complex (which effects can be).

Also try to engage all of the players if you can.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That is good advice. Thanks.

Thread Information