5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Difference between Mood and Emote

I wonder what the difference between Emote and Mood in the Fantasy Grounds chat

You can set up a mood so that when you speak it's 'spoken' in that mood. For example if you set up a mood [/mood (in a spooky voice)], then from that point on when you say something in chat it will preface what you say with 'in a spooky voice'.

On the other hand an emote is something that your player might be doing e.g. /e gingerly examines the lock would output the player (or GM) name before adding the emote.

Let's see if I understand the "modifiers" chat
    Emote is something I do before acting / and (carefully) analyzes the door lock
    Acting is something physical that do / act takes a lockpick in your bag to break the door
    / mood (stuttering) Who goes there? To say give emphasis on something of the character

Assuming I'm right is to change the text color of the action to say blue?
    Ai chat would be in the balloon
    The action would be in blue
    The red emotion
    And to prolong more than just the mood in purple

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    Let's see if I understand the "modifiers" chat
    Emote is something I do before acting / and (carefully) analyzes the door lock
    Acting is something physical that do / act takes a lockpick in your bag to break the door
    / mood (stuttering) Who goes there? To say give emphasis on something of the character
    Exactly.

I often use mood to direct talk to a character, ie /m (whispers to Annie) Help us! This is really useful in text only games where there is often a lot of cross talk.

Thread Information