DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

A Humble Request

To my knowledge, there is a difference between the GM client and player client in regards to the tabs at the bottom of windows such as the Image, Items, etc. While the GM can create multiple tabs and have the information separated with spiffy looking color-symbol combinations, the player does not see the tabs and all the shared assets are dumped into a single list.

I know this problem stems from the design of the old code and don't expect this to be changed. But with the new Unity engine, I believe this code will be rewritten. I humbly ask that you choose to alter the design to allow the GM's (specifically the GM's) tabs to act as a sort for the players as well. So if the GM has 8 images in the first blue-book tab and 5 images in the second green-world tab, that the players will also have a blue-book tab when one of the 8 images is shared and a green-world tab when one of the 5 images is shared.

This would help the GM to present information to the player is an organized fashion.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

I second this request.

Had this come up in a game I was playing in. The GM referred us to a certain tab in the image window and we had to tell him we had no tabs; all the images were in one big list.

If players are having an issue finding it the GM "could" un-share and then re-share again. It should force it to pop up. But yes I do like the players having the same tabs that the GM would, the only issue would be potential spoilers.

Also this is a main reason on why a lot of GM's running long-term campaigns switch to using a module system.

They should have tabs, and the GM could mark items in the list as "not visible to player". On a related note, as I'm swamping my FG with text input across a gazillion story tabs, is there an easy way to actually give these names tabs? I notice in Lost Mine of Phandelver, the tabs at the bottom have titles (for example, Part I: Goblins). That would make it a LOT easier to navigate for me. And probably others.

Type text into the chat entry box; but before you hit Enter, drag that text onto a category tab.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Type text into the chat entry box; but before you hit Enter, drag that text onto a category tab.

Regards,
    JPG
    I believe you can hit enter and drag the story frame text the same way. This lets you drag it multiple times.

Hey Moon Wizard,

Any chance you can clarify how tabs are sorted (in windows like Story) when loading a module? My experience exporting modules and loading them as adventures seems to suggest the sort priority is: color cycle order, icon, name. Is there meant to be another way for creators to exert control over the order? And is the color cycle order what it is just for historical reasons?

Thanks!

It is semi-random. It is supposed to be based on the id-# order of the categories in the database. But this gets mixed up some times.

You can open and close a module that adds multiple tabs and it will put them in a different order more times than not. It seems the tabs are first-come-first-added, though since FG is single threaded I don't see what is causing the order to vary. You can also see this if you have multiple tabs and you drag one from one side to the other too quickly. It will scatter the other tabs rather than preserving their order.

Thread Information