5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 15 First 1234513 ... Last
    I will post my backstory after the first session

Hey guys, all your background stuff was awesome and the process's you use are very clever, enjoyed reading all of that. Please take 5 minutes to read the following below.

Below is a story I wrote of how you are all on the road together (before the official module). A mission needs completing. You need to gather your last party member and then head south with the Caravan to Phandalin to start the WOTC official module.

Quest for Ichiro:
    You signed up in Luskan, many weeks ago... you are helping guard a caravan heading north for Ten Towns, deep within Icewind Dale, and far north along the Sword Coast. Some signed up for the sake of adventure, some for money, others on the run, and finally the plagued, simply escaping their demons...

Trudging along many leagues of deep snow now, your mind starts to wander, your body, just going through the motions. The caravan, denying the elements pushes forward, following icy covered trails at a snails pace. It winds through snow capped mountain peaks and dangerous icy ridges, any of which could easily claim another soul. Just when you think your legs will carry you no further, the caravan finally decides to make camp, settling in for the night.

After helping set up, you find a nice spot and fall backwards into the snow, exhausted. Your body making a large imprint within it. Although cold, you find it rather comfortable, and frankly, your to tired to care. Others soon follow your lead, the star filled sky keeping the darkness from engulfing you all, in this most desolate of places.

The bitter cold of the region yet another deadly enemy, assaults your bones to the very marrow. You think to yourself once again, "what made me sign up for this?"

With the cold only worsening, some of fight the urge to sleep and make a bountiful fire, just in time to survive the night.

As the fire grows in intensity, the numbness from your extremities quickly starts to dissipate. After a few more moments of thawing out, you swear it is the richest warmth you have ever felt! The mood soon changes and some of you begin to converse, others sing. Ale soon follows and tales of deeds long past begin to flow from the mouths of several hardy adventures all around you.

Even though you are mostly strangers, you feel a kinship of sorts, you have all survived the perilous journey. The growing group huddles closer together, fighting off the stiff breeze and share in ale and story.

As the night lingers on and snow continues to fall upon you, you look across the fire and notice a human of Asian decent, sitting away from the others. His legs crossed in a half lotus position. He is exceptionally quiet and still. You think to yourself, "is he alive?"

As light rays from one of the bright moons escapes a low hanging cloud and filters into the area, you now notice his dark eyes, open after all, un-shadowed from his large straw brimmed hat.

He glares blankly at the flickering embers of the fire, as they twirl and dance in wafts of cool air and float harmlessly away. You notice he has not blinked once, not even twitched a muscle. Your focus stays on the man, intent on seeing if he will finally make a movement, any movement!

You quickly snap out, a loud bellowing laugh breaking your concentration. Your attention quickly turns to a Dwarf, full of ale and bluster. He starts yet another recounting of a battle long past. So incredible are the details it is almost beyond belief! However absurd the tale sounds, you have long ago learned that Dwarves may exaggerate, but there is more truth entwined in their telling's than fiction. All of you laugh hardily as he finishes, except one... Your attention returns to the quiet Asian man.

The Dwarf follows your gaze and also notices the indifference... insulted by the lack of reaction to his most elaborate tale, he lets out a great belch followed by a broad toothy smile.. "You there!", he points to the Asian man, "Don't you have any wondrous tales of battle to share with us?... Since you didn't like mine!" He exclaims loudly and mockingly.

The quiet one lifts his head slowly, his eyes fighting to break the stare from the surreal dancing wisps emanating from the fire before him. He replies softly, in a deep tone with a slow cadence, "I know of only one tale worth uttering... the tale of Ichiro..." He ends it there and puts his head back down, his eyes returning to the fire, his wistful gaze, far far away...

Silence...even the Dwarf. With baited breath, everyone waits to here this most intriguing tale, piercing eyes never leaving him. A few moments later, sensing all eyes are upon him, The Asian man picks his head up and narrows his eyes, passing his gaze to each adventurer sitting around the camp fire, and finally settling on you.
    He softly states, "let me tell you why I am really here..."
    Last edited by jh79; February 2nd, 2015 at 07:12.
    Thanks JH79
    AKA: Valorious Goodspeak: Gold Hill Dwarf Cleric
    Thaldor Hammersmith: Mountain Shield Dwarf

Parsed full versions-5th Edition books in-game: Player's Handbook, Monster Manual, Dungeon Master's Guide

DMing 5e content, currently:
    Lost Mine of Phandelver
    The Chosen
    Playing in Star Wars Edge of the Empire

Ultimate Licence Holder: You play for free
    1000+ Wizards Of The Coast Miniatures used in-game
    Team Speak Address: ts.fg-con.com
    Password: Dungeoneers

Edited
    Last edited by jh79; February 10th, 2015 at 18:52.
    Thanks JH79

Parsed full versions-5th Edition books in-game: Player's Handbook, Monster Manual, Dungeon Master's Guide

Lost Mine of Phandelver
    The Chosen

I am still in the game, and sorry again about messing up the time, not sure why I hadthe wrong month when you were starting the game.
    Timezone: UTV -08:00 Pacific Time.
    For those of you who want the best custom tokens for your games and character I recommend seeing Devin.
    Games. Pathfinder. Savage Worlds. Castles and Crusaders. Pathfinder 2. Discord: JudgementKiss#4907. Paizo Games.

Edited
    Last edited by jh79; February 10th, 2015 at 18:53.
    Thanks JH79

Lost Mine of Phandelver
    The Chosen

Hey Ian? i heard you were having problems with Teamspeak. There is a solution to that i believe:

- Right click the icon that you use to startup teamspeak
    - Choose properties
    - Click Compatibility
    - Check the box that lists "Run as administrator"
    - Click "ok"

you should not have any more problems after that

Hey guys, going to wait to fill remaining spots
    Last edited by jh79; February 10th, 2015 at 18:53.
    Thanks JH79

Lost Mine of Phandelver
    The Chosen

Well, *this* time I won't be confused!!

See you all tomorrow. Looking forward to the game.

Merlin

Hey guys,
    Great job so far, well done on the pre-module stuff
    Last edited by jh79; February 10th, 2015 at 18:55.
    Thanks JH79

Lost Mine of Phandelver
    The Chosen

Hey all,
    As you know we have a player that serves in the military once a month on the day we play. Out of respect for his service we will hold off on the 5e d&d adventure on that day once a month
    and resume the following Saturday with him. I have a plan to host a western campaign on those Saturdays once a month on that day.

If your interested in joining, this Saturday will be the start. We will be starting off with Boot Hill 2nd edition, I have imported all the rules and tables into FG and relearned them. I will be able to teach it to you guys pretty fast. I have also started importing an official module for it. Looks pretty awesome. Depending how it goes we may switch to a newer 5e version of a western a 5e enthusiast created. That also looks pretty good and well made.

So the plan is, Boot Hill 2nd edition Character creation this Saturday, 3pm est - 4pm est
    From 4pm - 4:30PM est, we will go over and talk about the basic rules.
    From 4:30PM to six we will actually play. You will all start riding on a train, heading west to a town called Deadmule, to seek your fortune.

If you want some 1 on 1 time with me to make a character, or you want me to send you the pdf rules, send me a PM here on FG or email me, otherwise just show up at the usual time Saturday and you can learn everything then. Talk to you soon.
    Thanks JH79

Lost Mine of Phandelver
    The Chosen

Thread Information