5E Character Create Playlist
Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last

Thread: Sneak Attack

Blog Entries
    The rogue in my party does it with weapon entries, ut as Z says, effects are probably better. But,both ways work.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

If I am not mistaken (concerning the placement of the effect on the Action tab), you can open the description from the Abilities tab and then drag the 'shield' to the Action tab. It should place the 1st level version (1d6) of the effect in the powers section with all the proper syntax.

I can't verify this currently. I am at work. shhhhh.

Verified.
    Last edited by poppy_thompson; September 20th, 2017 at 01:32. Reason: confirmed
    Ultimate License Holder
    Time Zone: U.S. Eastern (GMT -5 or -4; Check Local Listings)
    DM: D&D 5E - Out of the Abyss
    Player: Homebrew Worlds on FG and Waterdeep Dragon Heist Live

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token2.lua"]:391: attempt to index field 'original' (a nil value)

Any ideas why I get this? (and the extra damage aint added so, whatever reason, its a deal breaking error)

Side note: the script actually does what it should...
    but getting an error message pop up every time its used is a bit... irritating
    Last edited by Akumashe; February 9th, 2018 at 03:56.

Are you running any extensions? If so, please disable the extensions and try again.

If still an issue, please provide the steps to recreate the error.

Thanks,
    JPG

Thanks for the quick reply, and sorrie I didnt update this, found out just before I colapsed in bed it indeed was due to an extension that wasnt updated of late, after removing it, everything works just fine.

Thanks for the tip Zacchaeus.

If you have an example of this or a screenshot that would be valuable. I dont know how to add an effect. I see how to add damage. From the actions tab I see a magnifying glass which pops up a dialog saying "Weapon" with 2 sections ATTACK and DAMAGE. I have played with these some and can make them go more or less. I dont see effect.

When progression happens and various sneak attack modifiers come in to play, getting this right would be a big help.

Drag the sneak attack ability and drop it into the actions tab.

See also the Wiki here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/5E_Effects

And these videos https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Videos-for-5E

Note also that FG does not automatically level up the damage on sneak attack
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

In watching the videos, the fundamental difference is that my star icon tries to add a spell rather than a power. I am working on a Ninja (created in PCGen).

I have tried various ways to drag and drop the Sneak Attack function on to the Actions tab. One of the challenges with this is that Sneak Attack is under the abilities tab and it won't shift over when I hover over the Actions tab. I also tried opening the mini-viewer so I could drag across which also wasn't received by the Actions tab. Finally, I tried digging through the Special Abilities and Classes chevrons and there is no Sneak Attack listed.

Basically, I am doing it all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishypeanuts View Post
    In watching the videos, the fundamental difference is that my star icon tries to add a spell rather than a power. I am working on a Ninja (created in PCGen).

I have tried various ways to drag and drop the Sneak Attack function on to the Actions tab. One of the challenges with this is that Sneak Attack is under the abilities tab and it won't shift over when I hover over the Actions tab. I also tried opening the mini-viewer so I could drag across which also wasn't received by the Actions tab. Finally, I tried digging through the Special Abilities and Classes chevrons and there is no Sneak Attack listed.

Basically, I am doing it all wrong.
    Do this
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information