FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Extinction Event Release

Many moons ago now I wrote a core ruleset called Extinction Event.

The ruleset was based on my desire to create a mechanically lite but detailed ruleset for a modern apostolic setting. I ran a couple of Alpha tests earlier in the year and displayed it at the mid Year Con. As a GM I was very happy with the results and the very gritty atmosphere and game play that was involved.

The ruleset is complete however there are still a number of things I would like to include, however I will do over time. I look forward to people using the ruleset and enjoying it. I am open to any suggestions or improvements people would like to see me make. Feel free to send me a PM at any stage and I will endeavor to answer it as quickly as possible.

Download Ruleset
    Current Version 0.90 Tested with 3.2.3

Old
    Current Version 0.80 Tested with 3.2.0
    0.71 Beta
    0.7 Beta Use only with 3.0.9

Download Module
    Current Version 0_9
    0_7 Beta

This is an except from the introduction

Code:
    Extinction Event is a Tabletop Roleplaying game that brings together various concepts to suit a modern and post-modern setting. It is a survival game at heart where the setting is unknown to the characters before they start. 
    This makes character selection and creation very interesting, as well as game play.

There are various settings that this game mechanics are aimed at, however they are not limited to. Some of these setting include
    -	Alien Invasion
    -	Post Nuclear Holocaust
    -	Chemical/Virus induced human manipulation
    -	Hollow Earth event
    The characters start their various lives are normal every day humans, that have a variety of skills. The world over night changes causing these every day humans to stretch for survival. 
    The gameplay is an hour by hour event, in most cases. The mundane is much apart of the survival as the fantastic, and most time interlinked. The search for food, water and shelter are necessary requirements but hindering this is the setting that the characters find themselves in.
    A GamesMaster has a little bit of work to do before a campaign starts, however there are parts of this manual to help a GamesMaster quickly create the desired creature and lore quickly.
    Last edited by Ardem; February 14th, 2017 at 05:31.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing! I'll have a look.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Bravo. Will be taking this one for a spin.

- Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Blog Entries
    It looks great!

Keep in mind I don't know the rules but every time I click on the die icon for a skill or what not I get this error: Script Error: [string "desktop/scripts/modifierstack.lua"]:241: attempt to index field 'targeting' (a nil value)
    Not sure if it's because of what I'm doing or because I'm using 3.0.10. I remember this test release causing all kinds of conflicts with other rulesets and it was the same error.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    It looks great!

Keep in mind I don't know the rules but every time I click on the die icon for a skill or what not I get this error: Script Error: [string "desktop/scripts/modifierstack.lua"]:241: attempt to index field 'targeting' (a nil value)
    Not sure if it's because of what I'm doing or because I'm using 3.0.10. I remember this test release causing all kinds of conflicts with other rulesets and it was the same error.
    Thanks for the headsup on this, I going to have to download 3.0.10 and correct the fault it is obvious that 3.0.10 has remove or relocated some default code I am using. 3.0.9 works fine, as far as I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardem View Post
    Thanks for the headsup on this, I going to have to download 3.0.10 and correct the fault it is obvious that 3.0.10 has remove or relocated some default code I am using. 3.0.9 works fine, as far as I can see.
    In 3.0.10 CoreRPG expects that in modifierstack there is controller named targeting. It's easy fix just check how modifierstack controlled and scripts is implemented in 3.0.10 codes
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Created a new version 0.71 which will work with 3.0.10, There is an error using this version in 3.0.9 in combat window due to extra information please only use this version in 3.0.10.

Note: Please remember on skill rolls the modifier just changes the target number, it does not show up in the die roll on skill checks. A negtive modifier bring down the target number whereas a positive modifier increases the target number. It does not modify the dice rolled, the reason for this is the ruleset can limit the modifier so it does not go past 9 or less then 1.
    Last edited by Ardem; January 4th, 2015 at 07:06.

Just curious does anyone know how I would get this added to the Wiki under community rulesets so its not lost.

Thread Information