5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

ERROR - GetProducts: Network: resolving hostname

I am having trouble installing Fantasy Grounds on to my computer. I just finished installing it on another computer, so I know that the connection is working properly. Fantasy Grounds was working on my computer as of Friday night. Since then, I have ran Malwarebytes to get rid of some files.

In my attempts to log on to the campeign I am in, I found that I was unable to, getting 'Network Error during host license check.' This suggested to me that it was something on the hosts side. However, he was able to host the game just fine with everyone able to log in. With this in mind, I uninstalled Fantasy Grounds and made an attempt to reinstall it. I am now getting the error in the title page.

I am only able to get on the www.fantasygrounds.com webpage intermitantly. When refreshing just now, it has told me that the webpage is unavailable once again. For that computer only. Any other computer on the network is able to access the website just fine. Is there something I am missing here?

P.S. I have looked in to port fowarding, and everything seems fine.

I'm guessing you're encountering the update to DNS that has been going on: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Server-Update

Either wait a while and try again, or update your DNS to (briefly) use the Google DNS servers as 8.8.8.8 (details on the above linked thread).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I love playing the waiting game :/

Thanks for the quick reply

I am receiving the same error during install. I have already tried setting my Primary DNS to the Google DNS server to no avail. As for waiting 40 minutes, as this thread was posted in December and it is now March, I would imagine the issue maybe something different. Please help

Blog Entries
    Hi makadus welcome - and can you share you fix in case others run into the same issue?

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

I have just installed the game on steam and I get Handleusercookie network time out trying to log in then get products network time out.
    Never had any problems like this with steam. Dont know what to do. please help

Quote Originally Posted by Mac77 View Post
    I have just installed the game on steam and I get Handleusercookie network time out trying to log in then get products network time out.
    Never had any problems like this with steam. Dont know what to do. please help
    First thing to check is your security/AV systems. If you have Malwarebytes or similar, disable the web protection.

And welcome to the forums! Sorry your first post is with an issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you. I have Avira security and put that in snooze mode but did not help at all. Do I need to do an account login everytime I open the program?

Quote Originally Posted by Mac77 View Post
    Thank you. I have Avira security and put that in snooze mode but did not help at all. Do I need to do an account login everytime I open the program?
    It should save your account details. But if it is asking you each time, then there is something blocking the initial verification.

Someone reported this exact same error recently, here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...t-off-of-steam I'd completely disable any security you have, just to do the initial update. Sometimes security apps in "snooze" mode don't shut down everything.

Thread Information