DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
    Blog Entries
    where do I start?
    character sheet
    build the character sheet design, then make it in gimp and use xml to position all your stats etc
    then build the smarts on those
    then do the combat tracker
    then do npcs
    well - thats my approach....

and no one has 200 hours... thats why it has to be a labour of love and take 6 months (and sadly why so many projects dont quite make it).

I can assist. I do know the Game system fairly well. If I have time I can do development work, though I don't know Lua, can probably pick it up fairly quick. Unfortunately I don't know how much time I will have.

@dcgreenwood - I'd recommend looking at CoreRPG rather than the WFRP ruleset. Whereas the WFRP ruleset is a great ruleset and has some amazing work and features within, it uses a much older way of laying out the files within the ruleset. You're best getting an understanding of how files are laid out in the CoreRPG ruleset as this is how most of the current rulesets are laid out and so will make any modifications you may make to or on top of the CoreRPG ruleset much easier as you'll already be familiar with how that works.

Some info on where "stuff" is located in the CoreRPG files in post #2 of this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...oreRPG-ruleset
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I've been trying to hack the Call of Cthulhu ruleset to do this. IIRC the latest version is built off of CoreRPG and it uses D100 stuff as its base, so I figured that'd be the easiest place to start. I've got the patience to work it but I'm hindered by my poor understanding of LUA. I have made extensions for other rulesets that I haven't released though, so there's that.

I can try to keep working on that, but I'm not sure I can actually share the base since it's built on CoC and that's a paid ruleset. I could post screenshots though?

I'm incapable of doing art assets, but if I reach the point where the ruleset itself is in working order, definitely would love to have some help with that.

Blog Entries
    in that case look at the Trail of Cthulhu ruleset... its a community release.
    i think it might have a couple of memory leaks in it but it works pretty well...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    in that case look at the Trail of Cthulhu ruleset... its a community release.
    i think it might have a couple of memory leaks in it but it works pretty well...
    The problem with ToC is that it's d6 based not d100, so it might be quite different.

Blog Entries
    can that idea then...
    my Maelstrom ruleset conversion (when its released) is largely d100 based...
    i *hope* i hope i hope it will be finished real soon...

Posting some very basic notes I have on the CoC rules first page of the character sheet. It's just notes on what changes would need to be made. I'm no expert but if anyone can take a look at this and tell me if what I'm planning is impossible or not, that would be great.

Notes Here

I assume autocalculation is possible for the TOTAL value of a character's Aptitudes based on observing autocalculation of stuff like Damage Bonus based on multiple values (SIZ and STR). In terms of space, I imagine I might have a problem with the CoreRPG boxes needing alot of spacing around them, and I want to make the 7 aptitudes fit on a grid-like placement like I have on there already.

I just realized that the grid placement of Aptitudes means the boxes containing each value takes up half the total space, so it'd actually be pretty easy to fit all the Aptitudes in the box that Attributes currently reside in.

It's very late, so I'm gonna turn in, but I'll start messing with some concepts and post screenshots tomorrow.

EDIT: I feel I should post my explicit goals to make it clear what I intend to do:

I intend to make
    • A character sheet with functional boxes and placement of resources
    • TENTATIVE: Rolls that recognize when you roll doubles. I have never messed with dice before, just modified character sheets, so I'll probably ask a bunch of questions if I try to do this. If I do this, I'll definitely do so after I've finished the character sheet
    • NPC SHEETS: This actually shouldn't be too hard. I'd just fix up the NPC sheets to make sure they have all the info you'd need. I'd base this off the stats given in the NPC Files released for free by Posthuman Studios.
    • COMBAT TRACKER: Make sure the information it displays is stuff actually relevant to Eclipse Phase. Warning, I have never touched a combat tracker before, and I am honestly not sure if this is possible
    • SEEK ASSETS: I will try to find art assets that look good, but they'll mostly be standins. If I can get real nice art or help on this, I'd love to have it.

It's ambitious, but I'm trying to just focus on one thing at a time, starting with the character sheet. We'll see where we can go from there.

As an aside for anyone more officially involved: If I replace the assets and make sure it doesn't include the modules, would releasing this to people still be frowned upon since it'd obviously be heavily based in the work done for the Call of Cthulhu CoreRPG overhaul?
    Last edited by leetsepeak; December 27th, 2014 at 08:45.

Eclipse Phase on Bundle of Holding... Ends soon. Get it here

Is anyone still working on this?

Thread Information