DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 15 First 123412 ... Last
    Got it.

So the way we have it setup currently (I click a button that heals me 3pts when I get hit, assuming 3 or more was done) is just as easy. Then we don't have to apply an effect to all the enemies who attack me.

I'm gonna have to look at this more. I'm determined to figure out a way to do this.

Yes, or another way that I have just thought of is to use the modifier button at the bottom left. Click on it and then enter -3 before the NPC rolls damage. This will better handle any situations where less than 3 points of damage is done over your healing method, because if the modifier reduces damage below 0 it will apply 0.

For more information on effects have a look here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/5E_Effects

Although the effects are very powerful and you can automate a great deal within FG there are some limitations. You would not be able to set up the whole feat with the way effects work at present.

I'm struggling with one - I thought of a ring that is essentially a +1 Ring with +2 to Poison Saves (in 5E I suppose I have to go with CON saves).
    Now for the syntax, SAVE:1 works ... but I cannot seem to get a CON in there. SAVE:1 [CON] doesnt work, neither any other way I could think of.

I thought it should be SAVE:1; SAVE:2 [CON] but either way, its not working for me...anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Valhingen View Post
    I thought it should be SAVE:1; SAVE:2 [CON] but either way, its not working for me...anyone?
    See the [stat] section under modifiers for the correct syntax of the statistic: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ects#Modifiers

Use SAVE: 2 constitution
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yes, thats where I thought its CON "When applying effects from PC sheet powers, bracketed ability tags ([STR],[DEX],...)"

Thanks alot for that tip

Quote Originally Posted by Valhingen View Post
    Yes, thats where I thought its CON "When applying effects from PC sheet powers, bracketed ability tags ([STR],[DEX],...)"
    That's for applying the actual stat bonus to the effect: "When applying effects from PC sheet powers, bracketed ability tags ([STR],[DEX],...) can be added to the modifier dice and numerical portion to adjust by current PC attribute modifiers"
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

For Heavy Armor Mastery I made a modifier called HAM that is a -3. I click it before rolling damage on the guy with that feat. It's quicker than waiting for him to apply the effect to a monster than hits him.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    For Heavy Armor Mastery I made a modifier called HAM that is a -3. I click it before rolling damage on the guy with that feat. It's quicker than waiting for him to apply the effect to a monster than hits him.
    I read this and at first I thought, "what has bacon got to do with a D&D feat?". Then I read it again

And nice solution, I keep forgetting that you can create your own modifiers.

Just added Dodge to the google doc. I actually feel like it would be cool if this was a power already built into the 5E character sheet by default (I basically add it as a power on every 5e character I create, as it also serves as a reminder that the action is always an option available to me).
    FGU Ultimate License/FGC Standard
    Timezone: Australian EST (UTC +10)
    Systems: Prefer DnD 5e as GM or player.
    FKA Chezcaliente

Just added Gauntlets of Ogre Power to the list. Someone let me know if there's a better way to do this. My version adds to your STR value. It would be nice if there was a way to replace your STR value instead.

Thread Information