5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 13 of 15 First ... 31112131415 Last
    There isn't a way to automate this or make it any easier than just add an effect of STR: 6 in your example. This is better than adding a bonus to the actual ability score becasue the potion only lasts an hour and you can therefore add the duration to the effect and it will count down on the CT (Convert the duration to rounds and put it on that way). I doubt that there will be a problem with the player needing to adjust STR before the potion runs out unless they drink it just before they level up.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Anyone have an idea on how to best handle the Rogue Reliable Talent ability that guarantees a minimum roll of 10 on trained skills?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamarion View Post
    Anyone have an idea on how to best handle the Rogue Reliable Talent ability that guarantees a minimum roll of 10 on trained skills?
    Just roll the dice and treat anything less that 10 as a 10. There's not automatic way to do this.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Oh man, this post was a life saver.
    AKA Mech45

Ultimate License Holder GM

Games played can be seen here:
    d20Enclave Twitch page: www.twitch.tv/d20enclave
    d20Enclave YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@d20enclave
    d20Enclave Discord: https://discord.com/invite/HSuvJns

Very cool thread. Great reference.

I saw two different spots in the thread where the whole "end of next turn" workaround came up. I'm surprised that this is an issue in the 5E ruleset when the 4E ruleset seems to deal with this sort of thing quite easily and accurately most of the time. If it's not too complicated to explain, why is this lacking in the 5E ruleset? Any plans to implement something similar to how the 4E ruleset handles it?

Thanks in advance,
    Shimrath.

Is there a way to make an effect for Defensive Flourish as a College of Swords Bard?

Defensive Flourish; DMG: +1d6; [ROLL]; AC: +1d6

It will add the damage correctly, but the buff clears after the damage roll and won't keep the AC. Not sure it is ever adding the AC to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by halfbent View Post
    Is there a way to make an effect for Defensive Flourish as a College of Swords Bard?

Defensive Flourish; DMG: +1d6; [ROLL]; AC: +1d6

It will add the damage correctly, but the buff clears after the damage roll and won't keep the AC. Not sure it is ever adding the AC to begin with.
    Welcome to the forums!

Checking the 5E Effect Wiki: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ects#Modifiers We find that AC only accepts a number (N) not a dice.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ah okay! That's what I was thinking, resided to just tracking it manually since it only lasts until next turn anyway. Thanks for the response!

The bard in my group has several effects for the defensive flourish AC boost. He rolls the die, and dials up the modifier to the damage accordingly. Then he clicks the effect button(s) for the AC boost according to the die roll. I think he has AC: 1 through AC: 3, and if it is greater than 3 he'll add multiple effects. For a die roll of 5, for example, he would click the AC: 3 effect and the AC: 2 effect.

I do not seem to be able to figure out how to generate a specific effect. I want to allow PC’s to use a hero point to add +10 to their next roll. It then expires. The roll could be anything, an attack, damage, heal, initiative, save, skill roll etc. I know we can add 10 to the modifier box by the chat log but I would like something more “ elegant “. If someone could post the syntax I would greatly appreciate it.

Thread Information