DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

CoreRPG ruleset - Die/Dice macros linked to character sheet/table/story

Hello,
    We are using special game system, which use different dice logic than is common. My scripting skill are limited to basic edit or copy/paste instead of building my own ruleset.

Basic explanation of dice system:
    The basic dice logic of this game system is build on "Good dice" and "Evil dice".
    For example Hit rolls works like
    Attacker may choose for example:
    - carefull attack: base + D6(Good dice) - D6 (Evil dice)
    - standard attack: base + D10(Good dice) - D10 (Evil dice)
    - risky attack: base + D20(Good dice) - D20 (Evil dice)
    Same choice has defender for evade/parry. Base is constant/modifier based on stats, weapon skill, class bonuses, injuries penalty etc.. Mathematically the result is well ballanced around base value - which is perfect for skill check. If you have skill base value 10 and difficulty check is also 10 by evil/good dice mechanics you mathematically have 50% for success. Higher risk (use D20 dices) increase your chance for great success as well in case of very low rolls on Good dice and very high rolls on Bad dice might come great fail with consequences.

Now comes harder part. Advantage works using method "Good dice more powerfull than Evil dice" disadvantage ad vice versa.
    For example "minor advantage: Good dice D10, evil dice D8 etc.. - example use is in case of attack from side, bigger advantage like Good dice D12, evil dice D6 etc for attack from behind... or perhabs in agressive attack from behind Good dice 3D6 evil dice 2D6 variability is basically endless...

Most skill checks, bonuses, abilities, spells use same logic in lots variations for example Good dice 3D6- Bad dice 1D10. Dice logic also has class bonuses (elves with bow simply get +D4 hit dice as Good dice bonus for every attack) etc..- so their Hit Roll with bow-standard attack is based on base + D10+D4(Good dice) - D10 (Evil dice)B its very complex in final...

The macro system (like /die d10-d10) works pretty well on chat window and also associated in Hotkey Bar. But I did not found way how to link this macro to Character ability sheet, neither "story" sheet where I have other gamesystem rules neither in Tables sheet or Item sheet. My idea is put die macro (associated with ability, spell, weapon... etc) into sheet and let it roll on mouse click. Is there a simple way I am missing or it needs ruleset extension/modification?
    ATM I use system by writing macro as plain text into ability sheet and my players simply rewrite it to chat window to use it, which is not comfortable. Of course they map more often used macros into Hotkeys but I am surprised if there is no easy way to link die macro directly to ability.

Sorry for my english I am not native speaker, i hope I described what I want achieve and did not found simple way.

Thank you for any advice/help.
    Last edited by Kilitar; December 1st, 2014 at 12:13. Reason: syntax

Thank you, damned, yes, you understand what I need.

I just feel little dumb but I really was not able to find, where I can download "improved charsheet extension v0.4 for CoreRPG".
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tended-ruleset
    has information
    This extension is outdated since its functionality has been included in the CoreRPG ruleset.

But I did not find such functionality included....

Thank you, damned.
    If you can help me once more, where I can find this "improved charsheet extension" because thread I found about it says "EDIT:This extension is outdated since its functionality has been included in the CoreRPG ruleset."
    The only extensions I have as part of my Ultimate licence are Wood and Dungeon themes.

I believe that is all under the CoreRPG ruleset just load that and you should be able to do all of that on the blank character sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    I believe that is all under the CoreRPG ruleset just load that and you should be able to do all of that on the blank character sheets.
    Well I tried couple of videos during weekend to find a way out but no luck. Is there any sentence what FG CoreRPG recognize as syntax for macro directly inside sheet I am missing? For example smthing like {Macro [/die d6-d6]} <

Blog Entries
    Sorry friend - it was very late in the morning for me when I posted so I didnt get back to your post.
    I have good news and bad...
    Its still a Beta and in development and its not mine to share...
    If you drop Psicodelix a PM I reckon he might share it with you.
    It is not a finished product as yet and has some quirks - it will take you a little while to get it setup properly to start as the GM must restart FG several times during the setup stage...
    It took me a few minutes to setup that Character Sheet and I think it would do most of what you described.

Psicodelix was kind enough to start working on some of my requests from this post:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...reRPG-Requests

Hi,

As Damned said this extension is still under development. I'm stuck right now with a nasty problem, but I'm planning to public release the extension as soon as it works fine. Maybe this week.

Hello psicodelix.
    My programming skill is based on some C++ programming so I digged throught some rulesets data and was able to understand part of code and find few workarounds. Would be much more helpfull if at least CoreRPG ruleset would contain more explanations right inside code to say what is in which file/block of code.

Based on your information I am going to move to another part of ruleset and will wait for your more sofisticated solution of this charsheet problem.

Thank you for your help.

For the mechanic, it might be easier to create an extension for CoreRPG which defines some custom "negative" dice (e.g. m4, m6, m8, etc.). You could then drag these on to an Attribute/Skills entry with the positive die and roll from that.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Thread Information