5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12

its 4e, and I'm sure the laptop has the same extensions, I can see them all when I try to create a new campaign so they must be available.

This is pretty obvious and you're probably already done it but, I'll ask anyway just in case. Have you uninstalled FG completely from both computers, then reinstalled?

well, I have uninstalled/reinstalled on the laptop... (I didn't realise I'd have to on the desktop?), I won't lose my campaign if I do reinstall the desktop will I?
    I should say that on the laptop, FG wasn't under the add/remove software. so the uninstall was just deleting all the directories. (and the one in AppData).
    I didn't do a registry check? perhaps I should do that?.
    Last edited by RixCraven; November 27th, 2014 at 16:49.

I would back that up just to be safe.

OK, no problem, I'll try doing a reinstall on the desktop too.

Deleted all FG folders. I didn't do a registry sweep, although there were a lot of FG hooks in the registry.
    reinstalled, put my campaign back in.
    on the desktop its running fine, (STILL the missing bits on the export window).
    Last edited by RixCraven; November 27th, 2014 at 17:19.

Quote Originally Posted by RixCraven View Post
    on the desktop its running fine, (STILL the missing bits on the export window).
    So are you OK now? The missing bits will be due to an extension you're running.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sorry for the delay.. real life exploded all around.
    Let me thank you ALL for the help and patience... let me explain how the situation is now.
    FG running beautifully on the desktop, and on the laptop too WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    this is what I did.. just in case it helps anyone else.
    I had an old laptop, which could just about run FG, (now the new one replaces it), SO, I copied the AppData FG stuff from it to the new one and it WORKED!!. After all that, and all your suggestions, I really don't know what was stopping it, but anyway, a very grateful thanks to you all.. from my Saturday group of dungeon ravagers and I.

Thread Information