5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Is there a current version of your extension that works with the newest update of Fantasy Grounds?

Blog Entries
    Welcome Kaineswiftblade

DMFirmy hasnt been about for a while. Its a pretty straight forward extension - have you tried it in 3.3.4?

Blog Entries
    It worked fine with 3.3.4 when it was in the Test channel.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I'm not seeing an obvious command option when I bring up the command list in the chat window. What's the chat command to make this extension work?

Look in your chat window when starting:

For the record, and slightly off-topic (sort of), and a Shameless Self-Plug(TM) - the new DORCore Ruleset has this dice functionality (and many others) built in. It may be worth people's time to check it out for their future campaigns.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

"This extension adds a new slash command" what is the command plz?

Quote Originally Posted by Thedogfood View Post
    "This extension adds a new slash command" what is the command plz?
    See here.

Thanks to DMFirmy wherever you are now.
    People seem to be needlessly obtuse about this script.

If you are looking and confused here are some answers.

The script is from May 11, 2015 but seems to work (ultimate 3.3.6). You may be better off to simply subtract the lowest number from the total in your head. Still, if it makes things clear for people...

The extension is still available from the Github link and that is where you should get it:

https://github.com/DMFirmy/Drop-Lowest

Choose "Clone or Download" and then "Download zip"

Expand the download file "Drop-Lowest-master.zip" on your computer and enter the created directory. It should have two files and a 'scripts' subdirectory. Take a moment to read the lua code in 'scripts'. The instructions are in the code. Don't change anything.

Rezip just the two files and the subdirectory into "Drop_lowest.zip". Use zip with standard settings. change the extension of the resultant file to '.ext'.
    Start Fantasy Grounds. Click the link for your data folder and place 'Drop_lowest.ext' in your extensions sub directory.

Here are the user instructions from the LUA Script (drop_lowest.lua) ...

"The \"/rolld\" command is used to roll a set of dice, removing a number of the lowest results.\n"
    "You can specify the number of dice to roll, the type of dice, and the number of results to be dropped "
    "by supplying the \"/rolld\" command with parameters in the format of \"#d# #\", where the first # is the "
    "number of dice to be rolled, the second number is the number of dice sides, and the number following the "
    "space being the number of results to be dropped.\n"
    "If no parameters are supplied, the default parameters of \"4d6 1\" are used."

So, at the command line "/rolld" gives you your standard character creation drop lowest d6 roll. '/rolld 27d12 5' rolls 27 d12s and drops the lowest 5. It only works for standard dice that FG has graphics for.

Advice - do yourself a favour and try to understand the LUA code, at least read the comments between quotes like above... Even if a programmer doesn't make time for documentation, their code has to work to be useful so it does something!
    Last edited by Sigurd; November 29th, 2018 at 00:29.
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    You may be better off to simply subtract the lowest number from the total in your head. Still, if it makes things clear for people...
    The reason this is nice and more useful than subtracting the lowest amount in your head is that you can drag and drop the result...

Thread Information