Starfinder Playlist

Getting connected to Fantasy Grounds with Hamachi

Exactly how is this done? I have hamachi, but am unsure of how it links with Fantasy Grounds. Can anyone talk me through it? Also, do you have to be connected to upload maps and such for creating new campaigns?

Blog Entries
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ng-Try-Hamachi

You only need your network connectivity for when players are connecting.
    Last week I was prepping for my game while sitting on a bench watching my boys have their tennis lesson.

Before anyone uses Hamachi, they should understand that they will be creating a shared virtual LAN environment, where everyone on the network will be able to see and access anything that is shared on each others' computers, depending on which OS software/apps are in use, including unprotected routers and possibly other IoT peripheral devices that are on otherwise trusted home networks. So, it's a good idea to: 1) secure all shared content on your computer 2) double-check that all other network resources are secured and 3) do not invite people you don't know or trust. Additionally, by using Hamachi, everyone is exposing their network and session information for collection by LogMeIn and permitting Hamachi to bypass all the typical network security. So, you should also be aware of how Hamachi is going to behave once you put it behind your firewall, and if you are doing so in a corporate setting, you could be putting yourself in hot water unless you get (or already have) the required network authorization. https://secure.logmein.com/products/.../security.aspx

Hopefully, at some point in the future, FG will support remote server mode where the GM can log into a gaming instance running on a VPS via a master client instance on their local computer. Nobody would need Hamachi for FG.

Thread Information