STAR TREK 2d20

Fantasy Grounds @ Tabletop Game

Attachment 7927

It's a huge picture, but I just wanted to share a photo of my D&D face-to-face game today. We play in the conference room where I work, with the player client up on an 80" LED.

It's nice.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

LOL you're the second person to point that out. We're playing D&D not prepping for a marathon!

Was such a fun game--I actually killed two characters this session... a knight took down a pair of rogues quite handily.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

I use FG at my table as well. We have a 32" LCD tv that we have flat on the table as a digital map. I use FG for the adventure module and to control the NPCs, the players use minis for their PCs.

Blog Entries
    I haven't actually ran a game in here, but I thought it would be fun to see what it looked like on a 122" screen. I think I still prefer all being seated around a game table for face-to-face games. I might have to give this a shot though with everyone connected with laptops from theater seats.
    Attachment 7998
    Attachment 7999

Blog Entries
    Doug - try this. Grab yourself two mirrors Doug and bounce the projected image down 90 degrees onto a flat tabletop surface. All your players can then sit down around the table - thats what I do anyways.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Doug - try this. Grab yourself two mirrors Doug and bounce the projected image down 90 degrees onto a flat tabletop surface. All your players can then sit down around the table - thats what I do anyways.
    Zeus, your to smart for your own good man lol, could be dangerous
    Thanks JH79
    AKA: Valorious Goodspeak: Gold Hill Dwarf Cleric
    Thaldor Hammersmith: Mountain Shield Dwarf

Parsed full versions-5th Edition books in-game: Player's Handbook, Monster Manual, Dungeon Master's Guide

DMing 5e content, currently:
    Lost Mine of Phandelver
    The Chosen
    Playing in Star Wars Edge of the Empire

Ultimate Licence Holder: You play for free
    1000+ Wizards Of The Coast Miniatures used in-game
    Team Speak Address: ts.fg-con.com
    Password: Dungeoneers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I played around with that setup early on but I wasn't ever happy with the setup. I really was hoping there would be a nice commercial product available that would let me do that and have it still look very finished. You'll have to post a pic of your setup so I can see if something similar would work for me. My biggest question is how you go about mounting and positioning the mirrors on the ceiling to angle the projection down to the table.

Thread Information