STAR TREK 2d20

Strange issue with scrolling

Hey all, I have just discovered a strange issue with the display of classes in my customized rules modules, and I cannot seem to figure out what is going on here. I have modified the standard basic rules module in such a way that the basic description text has been broken out separately from the text description, but when I open these pages from within FG the entry's scrollbar will not let me scroll to the bottom of the text.

Here is a sample of the data in my module, this entry is the entry for the Barbarian class:
    Code:
    <barbarian>
    	<name type="string">Barbarian</name>
    	<description type="formattedtext">
    		... Text omitted for brevity
    	</description>
    	<features type="formattedtext">
    		<table>
    			... Table Data omitted for brevity
    		</table>
    		... Text omitted for brevity
    	</features>
    	<source type="string">
    		Players Handbook I, page 24
    	</source>
    </barbarian>
    And this is the definition for the windowclass object that displays the data:
    Code:
    <windowclass name="referenceclasswide">
    	<frame>referencepage</frame>
    	<placement>
    		<size width="650" height="650" />
    	</placement>
    	<sharable />
    	<sizelimits>
    		<minimum width="650" height="650" />
    		<dynamic />
    	</sizelimits>
    	<minimize>minimized_reference</minimize>
    	<tooltip field="name" />
    	<nodelete />
    	<sheetdata>
    		<sub_ref_header name="header">
    			<class>ref_class_header</class>
    		</sub_ref_header>

<frame_ref_content />

<sub_ref_content name="content">
    			<class>ref_class_content</class>
    		</sub_ref_content>
    		<scrollbar_ref_content />

<resize_referencepage />
    		<close_referencepage />
    	</sheetdata>
    </windowclass>
    The definition for the header section is pretty much the same as it is defined in the 3.5E ruleset for the ref_race_header windowclass. Here is the definition for the content section:
    Code:
    <windowclass name="ref_class_content">
    	<tooltip field="name" />
    	<nodelete />
    	<sheetdata>
    		<anchor_column name="columnanchor" />
    		<simpleft name="description">
    			<anchored>
    				<top parent="columnanchor" anchor="bottom" relation="relative" offset="7" />
    				<left />
    			</anchored>
    			<readonly />
    		</simpleft>

<simpleft name="features">
    			<anchored>
    				<left />
    			</anchored>
    			<readonly />
    		</simpleft>

<simplestring name="source">
    			<anchored>
    				<left />
    			</anchored>
    			<readonly />
    		</simplestring>
    	</sheetdata>
    </windowclass>
    The problem I am having is that when I open up my reference documentation, the entry for the barbarian will not scroll further down the page than the paragraph describing Indomitable Will. This paragraph gets cut off right in the middle, but following this the entry for the source is properly displayed at the bottom of the page. I am seeing this behavior on several of my class entries, which I admit can get to be rather long (that is why I had to omit the text, as this post would be far to long to submit).

I have also discovered that if I mess with the size of the window a bit it is possible to get the scrolling working a bit better and eventually I can indeed scroll the data to the bottom. I have even tried combining the description and features secitons into a single formattedtext section in the module data, but I still experience the same strange scrolling issue. Any help would be appreciated, as my players have been having a lot of trouble reading some of my class entries, and I want to make this a bit easier on them for when they are working on their characters. Thank you in advance for any advice on fixing this bug.

After messing around with this for several hours I finally figured out that if I modified the anchor tags for my simpleft and simplestring controls by adding a right anchor, everything seems to display correctly. The new anchor looks like this:

Code:
    <anchored>
    	<left />
    	<right />
    </anchored>

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Good work DMFirmy.... can be frustrating coding this stuff.... sometimes what should be simple things elude us for ages.
    Ain't it the truth though? I have found that proper positioning has been one of the most difficult aspects of working with customizing my FG ruleset. Slowly but surely I am getting more and more of a handle on things, but this is indeed a complicated piece of software and it is slow going. I also only have a few free hours per week, and I have to divide that time up between my interests, so I don't spend as much time as I would like learning more.

Thread Information