5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    Could you also just paste these into your favorite image editor (GIMP, Paint.NET, etc.), with grid snapping applied? Then save the final image into the campaign images directory and go.
    Thats how Taliz suggests.
    When I use them I start with GIMP and get them all on one page and export that image and then I use Tiled to make my maps. Much quicker.

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

You can import all of the individual files directly into tiled map editor (no need to put them all on one page first) it's pretty quick and then you can knock out maps with these pretty quickly.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Just to let you all know, I have added all of the expansion packs into the Dungeon Map Tiles pack that is on RPGnow.com. So you can get the whole lot in one bundle instead of several little separate little packs. For those of you who already own a few of the little packs and don't want to get the larger pack, the smaller packs will still be available via the Studio WyldFurr store. That way you can just pick up the packs your missing instead of having to buy the whole thing.

Don't forget this also means that the Game Masters Starter Set also includes this update.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryRig View Post
    How would someone be able to use these in FG? Wouldn't mind the tiles if I knew how to make them into a hallways or room I wanted and then import the map into FG. Anybody care to make a video or a tutorial for taking tiles like these and making an importable map from it without owning some expensive graphics program? Would be appreciated by many I think.
    Hello JerryRig. The whole idea behind the Map Tiles is this: Using an image editor (such as GIMP, or Photoshop, or whatever app you like), you can assemble the map tiles (each of the square images) together to form a map. Once your happy with your map, you then save out the whole image as a jpg that you can then drop into the Fantasy Grounds campaign folder.

You don't use the Map Tiles themselves in Fantasy Grounds, just the image of the map you make with the map tiles.

As for image editing software, you don't need to use an expensive software like Photoshop (which I have because I'm a professional artist). Instead you can use free software such as GIMP.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    I haven't tried this personally, but if you're using CoreRPG, you could use these in conjunction with the Enhanced Images Extension and build your map by placing these tokens on the bottom layer. However, I find that running the Enhanced Images extension all the time is a little annoying because of how it deals with the shortcut pins and so forth.

Could you also just paste these into your favorite image editor (GIMP, Paint.NET, etc.), with grid snapping applied? Then save the final image into the campaign images directory and go.

Note that I'm just throwing out theories, I haven't actually tried doing either of these.
    Pasting the Map Tiles into a larger image file in an image editor is exactly how these map tiles are intended for use. The whole idea is, use these little tiles to build a big map, and then save the big map for use.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You can import all of the individual files directly into tiled map editor (no need to put them all on one page first) it's pretty quick and then you can knock out maps with these pretty quickly.
    Have you tried any of the larger tiles? For example the window tiles (which are 2x1) or the round tower tiles (which are 2x2)? I ask because I am curious if some tile mapping software chews on those larger tiles correctly?

The larger tiles were a necessity because of the artwork, eg: the window in the wall crosses over between the outer wall (on one tile) and the inner wall (on another tile).

I just hope some mapping software does not squish those larger tiles.
    Last edited by Tailz Silver Paws; February 14th, 2015 at 03:21. Reason: Replying to Trenloe
    Tailz, the Artist of Studio WyldFurr
    Follow Studio WyldFurr on Twitter, Facebook, and the studio web site.
    "The London Underground, is not a resistance movement!"

Just a quick post, I have made a Sample Sheet PDF of all of the map tiles. Check it out!

I feel like doing something special this weekend, so I'm going to run a 50% special on all Studio WyldFurr goodies for this weekend. Drop by my studio and check out what you can get a good deal on.

To add a little spice to this weekends 50% off special deal on all of Studio WyldFurr's gaming goodies. I have just released a new add-on pack of map tiles. This is a little pack that I'll add to over time. The map tiles from this pack are also included in the big jumbo pack from RPGnow.com (just re-download the pack to find the new tiles & tokens). In this pack, called Odds-n-Ends I've added some trap doors, a tile with some exposed mechanical contraption, and some experimental door tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailz Silver Paws View Post
    The map tiles from this pack are also included in the big jumbo pack from RPGnow.com (just re-download the pack to find the new tiles & tokens).
    I have the jumbo pack from RPGNow. I've been reading this thread with interest as you add more tiles. Which of your map tiles *aren't* included in the RPGNow pack, if any?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I have the jumbo pack from RPGNow. I've been reading this thread with interest as you add more tiles. Which of your map tiles *aren't* included in the RPGNow pack, if any?
    If you have the pack from RPGnow, you have everything.

I keep the smaller packs in the Studio Store so that people who already picked up a few of the packs before the big pack went on to RPGnow - can just get those packs without having to buy the big pack.

Are you still planning on adding to this set?
    Are you taking requests/suggestions for what to add?
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Well darn was busy and missed the sale.

Thread Information