DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Blog Entries

Chat Window Framdef or other....

Where do I define the area that the Chat Text is allowed to use...?

Attachment 7835

I want a larger topleft/top/topright definition as I have a graphic in the top there... where do I tell FG to stop scrolling the text up?

Code:
    	<!-- Chat window -->
    	<framedef name="chatbox">
    		<bitmap file="graphics/frames/chatbox.png" />
    		<topleft rect="0,0,15,70" />
    		<top rect="15,0,358,70" />
    		<topright rect="373,0,15,70" />
    		<left rect="0,70,15,476" />
    		<middle rect="15,70,358,476" />
    		<right rect="373,70,15,545" />
    		<bottomleft rect="0,580,15,47" />
    		<bottom rect="15,580,358,47" />
    		<bottomright rect="373,580,15,47" />
    	</framedef>

What you're listing above is purely telling FG which portions of the chatbox.png graphics file to use to build the frame. Controls are then placed within this frame - it is the position of the controls you need to change. Look at <windowclass name="chat"> in desktop\desktop_classes.xml - <chatwindow name="chat"> is the actual chat window control - change the <bounds> of that control.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Thank you Trenloe.
    That worked as expected.
    Another thing Im having trouble with is the graphic elements for the dicetower and modifier box - I dont seem to be able to change these...? Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Another thing Im having trouble with is the graphic elements for the dicetower and modifier box - I dont seem to be able to change these...? Any thoughts?
    The modifier box is specified in <windowclass name="modifierstack"> and the dice tower in <windowclass name="dicetower"> both in desktop\desktop_classes.xml, change the <icon> or <frame> definition for the <genericcontrol> control, respectively.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information