Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 17 First 123412 ... Last
    I'm entering a character to see how that works and I see an error in initiative calculation. The initiative is currently being calculated as simply DEX modifier, but it should be DEX Mod + Level. So, it should be +1 even with a 0 DEX mod, but it's showing up as zero.

EDIT: Nevermind. I forgot to enter the level and it was set to zero level. It works fine.

I'm still very new to FG2 so this is a beginner question most likely, but how can I have a monster's attack roll automatically roll against the target defense? In the NPC stats, I entered a Skill such as follows:

Spear +8 vs. AC - 6 damage

When I drag the skill out, it automatically rolls +8 attack on d20, but it simply says [SKILL] Spear (vs. DC 15). The roll shows the +8 attack so no issues there, but even though I have a target selected for the monster, it doesn't seem to figure into the equation at all. Am I entering the Skill information properly?

Blog Entries
    Do you have Enable Debug Mode turned on in your settings?
    That might or might not help - Warnings wont get displayed with this setting off but errors might still display...
    If so try turning it off. It looks like a CoreRPG update has broken something in this ruleset...

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

I'm a little closer. I realized I need to create a power, not a skill. So, I've added a power such as:

Spear +8 vs. AC; Hit: 6 damage

And set it as Basic Melee. But now, it doesn't even roll dice. When I drag the power to the game window, it just puts the following in the chat window:

So, it basically parrots what the power says, but doesn't roll dice or anything. I can't find anywhere on the web where it says how to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    That might or might not help - Warnings wont get displayed with this setting off but errors might still display...
    If so try turning it off. It looks like a CoreRPG update has broken something in this ruleset...
    Nope. debug mode is turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Debug mode doesn't control whether warnings get displayed in the console or not. It used to write the console output to the console.log file in the <FG App Data> directory. It doesn't seem to even control that anymore - the console output gets written to console.log no matter what Enable Debug Mode is set to.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by tomjscott View Post
    And set it as Basic Melee. But now, it doesn't even roll dice. When I drag the power to the game window, it just puts the following in the chat window:

Open the power and double-click on the +8 vs. AC section of the text (you'll see it gets highlighted as you hover over it).

Do the same for applying damage (double-click on the "6 damage" section of the text).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Open the power and double-click on the +8 vs. AC section of the text (you'll see it gets highlighted as you hover over it).

Do the same for applying damage (double-click on the "6 damage" section of the text).
    I'm sure this is easy once I get it properly set up and understand the nuances, but I still don't get it. Being a complete beginner, I'm simply trying to follow your instructions to the letter and what I see doesn't match what you say. For example, you say to "Open the power", but this really doesn't mean anything to me. I can see the power listed in the combat tracker under the monster's entry, but when I hover over it, it highlights the entire entry, not just the Spear +8 vs. AC part. Double clicking it there simply gives me the following:

[WARNING] Unable to locate power. (Spear +8 vs AC Hit 6 damage).

One thing that seems very strange is that the power in the NPC actually shows up under Powers with a sub-heading of Traits. I think I could benefit from some detailed step-by-step instructions on entering the NPC powers correctly. I am obviously still doing something wrong.

Don't try and roll a PC power from the combat tracker - the system is no designed to do it that way. Open up the character sheet and go to the powers tab. Click the red dragon link to the right of the power to open the power that you have created. Then you should be able to see what I mentioned above.

If you're just adding a base weapon attack, then add a weapon onto the bottom section of the "Combat" tab. Although the damage entry doesn't seem to work if you use dice (you usually drag dice to the damage section and can double-click to roll) - but you can enter a static damage value. Does 13th Age use dice based damage or just static?

Here's an example of your spear entered as a weapon in the combat tab:

#1 - double click the black dice to the right of the Atk label to roll your attack - targeting is taken into account.

#2 - double-click the empty dice container to the of the Dmg label to apply damage - targeting is taken into account.

Thread Information