Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... Last

13th Age rule set released (Beta)

We've decided to release the beta without the library (as its still a work in progress and we are hashing out the legalities).

So here it is as an attachment. To install the rule set simply drop the .pak file into your fantasy grounds "ruleset" folder, restart fantasy grounds, and then create a new 13th Age campaign.

Things to note:
    *Drag one dice for your recoveries into the dice slot, the rule set rolls a number of those dice equal to your level.
    *critical damage is doubled on the second line so it looks like you rolled normal damage, but the second line will show twice as much damage.
    *This is a beta, you may encounter bugs, inaccuracies, or strange words that show up in the chat window (debug data).
    *To use a background first click the ability score button that you and your DM have decided is appropriate then roll the check.
    *Incremental advances are check boxes that are only for you to remember which advances you've made, they don't keep track of changes to your sheet.
    *On the icons tab of the party sheet the DM can roll the icon check for all party members and it remembers them there, however if a party member rolls it will overwrite this value.
    *Most of the features of 13th Age have been built in. Things like ongoing damage stacking, the overcoming magic resistance, etc...etc... and most of them are automatic.
    *If you put "recharge 11" into a powers top left box it will roll to recharge automatically on a quick rest.

Please send any donations through Paypal to [email protected] if you enjoyed the efforts and the ease of use. The amount of donations I receive will directly be proportional to the amount of further work I do on the rule set. Please note that the rule set is based on Smiteworks 4E ruleset and therefore any part of it that is original is copyright Smiteworks. Any changes are copyright to me. Please don't steal or plagiarize without asking.

If you direct questions to this thread I'll try to answer them at least once per day. Thank you for your patience and your time.
    Support:
    https://support.fantasygrounds.com/
    Have a suggestion for a feature? Go here https://fgapp.idea.informer.com

Blog Entries
    Nice. I'll definitely check it out.
    Ultimate License Holder

Glad I found this. I'll definitely check this out and see how it works.

I gave this a try and it gives the following errors after clicking the Start button:

Script Error: [string "desktop/scripts/desktop.lua"]:9: attempt to index global 'ChatManager' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:7: attempt to index global 'ItemManager' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_power_recharge.lua"]:10: attempt to index global 'ActionsManager' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_icons.lua"]:10: attempt to index global 'ActionsManager' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "ps/scripts/manager_ps2.lua"]:9: attempt to index global 'Debug' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_effect.lua"]:14: attempt to index global 'OOBManager' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token2.lua"]:15: attempt to call field 'addHandler' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_version2.lua"]:56: attempt to call field 'getRulesetVersion' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_ability.lua"]:7: attempt to index global 'ActionsManager' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:11: attempt to index global 'OOBManager' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:12: attempt to index global 'OOBManager' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_effect.lua"]:22: attempt to index global 'ActionsManager' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_heal.lua"]:7: attempt to index global 'ActionsManager' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_init.lua"]:9: attempt to index global 'OOBManager' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_recharge.lua"]:7: attempt to index global 'ActionsManager' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_save.lua"]:7: attempt to index global 'ActionsManager' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_skill.lua"]:7: attempt to index global 'ActionsManager' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat.lua"]:14: attempt to index global 'OOBManager' (a nil value)

Quote Originally Posted by tomjscott View Post
    I gave this a try and it gives the following errors after clicking the Start button:
    Sounds like you don't have a valid/correct CoreRPG ruleset installed (this ruleset is layered on top of CoreRPG). As a test, start a new CoreRPG campaign and see if that works OK - check the version listed in the chat window when it loads up, it should read: "CoreRPG v3.0.10 ruleset for Fantasy Grounds."

If it is not 3.0.10 or if you get errors, delete CoreRPG.pak from your <FG App Data>\rulesets folder and re-run an update to download an up-to-date and uncorrupted CoreRPG.pak ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I don't have a CoreRPG.pak at all. I haven't used this program in a while so maybe it's out of date. I tried clicking the Check for Updates button though and it just gives me an error as follows:

Getting package listing
    Error!

My version of Fantasy Grounds is 2.7.4.

I got it. I ran the web installer again and it updated my software and now it doesn't crash. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tomjscott View Post
    I got it. I ran the web installer again and it updated my software and now it doesn't crash. Thanks.
    You'll notice quite a few changes in Fantasy Grounds from your v2.7.4 version - that's about 4 years old!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm just starting to put together a short introductory adventure for 13th age using the beta rules set. The first issue I'm having is when I open up the Story item, I'm getting the following errors:

Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (rightanchor) in windowclass (encounter)
    Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (name) in windowclass (encounter)
    Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (rightanchor) in windowclass (encounter)
    Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (name) in windowclass (encounter)

It doesn't seem to cause a serious problem as I'm able to continue and add story elements without crashing, but I thought I'd let you know.

Thread Information