5E Character Create Playlist

Italic Font Color?

I want to make the italic font a different color (yes, always). I am using the 5e ruleset, and changed the hex color value for the "reference-i" font in the "Formatted text fields" section of the graphics_fonts.xml.
    However, it isn't reflected in my story text when I italicize something.
    Is there somewhere else I need to change the color? Or am I going about this completely incorrectly?

Thank you again. Obvious newbie here trying to learn the ins-and-outs.

Neeeevermind, and I apologize. I was changing it in the CoreRPG ruleset thinking that it would carry over (like the tab icons do). Once I changed it in the right ruleset, it worked. Sorry, all.

Now, how difficult would it be to add a font choice?
    If I wanted to be able to have red, bolded text when I did a CTRL+k hotkey or something....?
    I know adding it to the radial menu would be some work, but would adding it as a hotkey only be difficult?

Quote Originally Posted by shemantis View Post
    Now, how difficult would it be to add a font choice?
    If I wanted to be able to have red, bolded text when I did a CTRL+k hotkey or something....?
    I know adding it to the radial menu would be some work, but would adding it as a hotkey only be difficult?
    You're fixed with the 5 base set of formats (fonts) for a formatted text field: normal, bold, italic, bolditalic and title - some info in the "definition" section here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdo...extcontrol.xcp

Each of these font definitions applies to the main types of formatting you can do in the formatted text control. Each font definition includes colour - so you're limited to all the same colour for a specific format and can't change the colour without changing the colour for the whole format. If you want red bold text (for example) then all bold text in the control will be red.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I see. So perhaps my best bet would be to change any bolded AND italicized text (bolditalic) to red. And then use that text formatting *only* when something was extremely important (to me).

Quote Originally Posted by shemantis View Post
    I see. So perhaps my best bet would be to change any bolded AND italicized text (bolditalic) to red. And then use that text formatting *only* when something was extremely important (to me).
    If that's the way you want to go. If you use a module produced by someone else who uses bolditalic a lot it might get annoying!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yes, I considered that, haha. I think for now, it shouldn't be an issue. Thanks again for your (continuing) help!

Thread Information