5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

That annoying double spacing when Coping from PDFs...

Ive found if you use the PDF viewer that comes with windows 8 (metro interface) you dont get the double spacing!! And it seems to make less mistakes too! Who knew? A microsoft app was actually helpful!
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Blog Entries
    I'll have to try it out. Double spacing should be illegal hehe

Metro Interface you say?
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    Ive found if you use the PDF viewer that comes with windows 8 (metro interface) you dont get the double spacing!! And it seems to make less mistakes too! Who knew? A microsoft app was actually helpful!
    o.O

What double spacing?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    What double spacing?
    alot of people when they cut n paste from a pdf get spaces between the lines. Its some thing to do with adobe reader
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    I'll have to try it out. Double spacing should be illegal hehe

Metro Interface you say?
    Yep the default one that microsoft include with win 8

alot of people when they cut n paste from a pdf get spaces between the lines. Its some thing to do with adobe reader
    Never seen it.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Never seen it.
    I believe the "double space" means that copied text lines becomes paragraphs in FG.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

That's how I took it also - single lines become paragraphs. In FG the Ctrl-J joins selected lines into a single paragraph when you are in a formatted text field.

I also found that on a Mac, preview does not give the problem where Adobe reader does.

Thread Information