FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I do the CTRL-J magic also for the lines.... but I think he is referring to the double spaces that often are in a copied text like:

This cramp ed and cluttered shop smells of a strange
    mixture of inc ense, spice, and du st. Its so le propr ietor,
    VO RVAS HALI VOON (LN male human wizard 2/rogue 2/
    expert 2), an exotic-looking character with bright
    blue eyes, long red hair, and almo st bronze- colored
    skin, is gregarious and excited ab out every customer.
    Not everything in his shop is fo r sale, rendering the
    shop's eclectic collection of strange relic s, stat ues,
    and monument fr agments part muse um. Vorva shali's
    stock chan_ges constantly, as his dozens of contacts
    fr om Magnimar come in weekly to buy and trade

I can live with the double spacing, but the spaces inside words REALLY annoys me. Is this the spaces you talk about Willot? I normally use Foxit reader and here I have the same problem. I have yet to try the Metro one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiqon View Post
    I can live with the double spacing, but the spaces inside words REALLY annoys me. Is this the spaces you talk about Willot? I normally use Foxit reader and here I have the same problem. I have yet to try the Metro one.
    No, I did mean the line spacing. However the reader also seems (although not perfect) better at eliminating the spaces within the middle of words. I actually didnt know about cntrl J
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    ...I actually didnt know about cntrl J
    I didn't either until a while ago. I had used Notepad++ for that, as I knew that one could do the CTRL+J trick, so when I read that you could do that inside FG, I thought back to all the times I had cut and pasted it in to Notepad++ and then to FG.... sigh!

My personal solution in Savage Worlds is introduced in Enhanced Library v1.4 build 5 (link to post). In that extension I have created paste-button which can be displayed next to formatted textfield. When that button is clicked any text from your clipboard is appended to given formatted textfield as single paragraph and double-spacing is eliminated. The tool will also do small formating by adding bold style for heading word(s) if it follows : character. Double spacing has really annoyed me long time, and this was lingering long time in my mind, but never had motivation to do it. Thanks for setting this discussion up, it made me re-realize how annoying double spacing really is when you're converting massive PDF entry/story
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thread Information