Starfinder Playlist

Preparing NPC tokens on map

I'm not sure if this is something I'm doing wrong or if it's by design.

I thought that I would prepare my encounters in advance by placing the NPC tokens from the encouner onto the map in the positions that I want them to be. Then, during the game session, I could just open the map and the encounter, the tokens would all be there, then I'd just add the encounter to the combat tracker and away we go. But, when I opened up the campaign and went to the maps, they were empty.

So, am I doing something wrong or do the token positions just not save between sessions?

Cheers

Short story - the tokens (if encounter pre-placement is used) only get put on the map when you press the arrow at the bottom of the encounter window (which places the creatures in the combat tracker and the pre-placed tokens on the map). Long story: see damned's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx7CtPsdNbA
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ah! Fantastic. So it was just me not doing it right. Thanks for that.

Blog Entries
    Mistamichal - if you are short on prep time - prep your NPCs first. Prep your Maps next. Prep your encounters third. The rest you can wing it. If you get those three done you should be good to run!
    Apart from the appallingly amateur quality of the production - did you find the content useful?

Here it is in a single image too!

Haha! Actually, yes, I found it very useful. As soon as I watched it, I realised what I'd been doing wrong.

You can also drag faction counters from bottom of combat tracker onto map to add all tokens of that faction at once. This is a way to quickly add all NPCs to a map if you don't have time to pre-place.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thread Information