STAR TREK 2d20

The Only Sheet+ Question

I use "The Only Sheet+" as my main character sheet builder; it's like Hero Lab in a way. I was wondering if there is any talk on updating the FG Character Converter to be able to convert The Only Sheet+ characters into FG?

When "The Only Sheet +" or TOS+ for short, saves a character the file name is saved under .tos file. My question restated is can the converter be updated to allow the conversion of .tos files? I find TOS+ to be one of the best character sheet programs around, I'm really surprised that this has not happened already, since TOS+ is actually better than Hero Lab in my opinion.
    Last edited by Wizzarin; October 21st, 2014 at 03:06.

I'm not aware of any plans to add further support to the character converter.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Isn't the TOS+ essentially an excel workbook, it would have to save out into some xml output I would imagine for the converter to work with.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizzarin View Post
    When "The Only Sheet +" or TOS+ for short, saves a character the file name is saved under .tos file. My question restated is can the converter be updated to allow the conversion of .tos files? I find TOS+ to be one of the best character sheet programs around, I'm really surprised that this has not happened already, since TOS+ is actually better than Hero Lab in my opinion.
    As the .tos format is not just a different extension but also a radically different structure simply allowing the import of .tos extensions wont help much.
    Vote for it on the wishlist and if enough ppl are using TOS and Fantasy Grounds it may get implemented.

On the flip side of this, I also have been in contact with the admin for TOS+, It may be easier on that end to create a xml that can be used with FG, but they are needing the character sheet's xml structure that FG uses. Their last post with me they stated "ok I tried to contact them about sharing their XML structure... let's see if they do (share it)" So if you could send them that info or pass it to me to send them that would be great. That way TOS+ can create a button that will create a XML file from the TOS+ program that can be used with FG game or be converted into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzarin View Post
    On the flip side of this, I also have been in contact with the admin for TOS+, It may be easier on that end to create a xml that can be used with FG, but they are needing the character sheet's xml structure that FG uses. Their last post with me they stated "ok I tried to contact them about sharing their XML structure... let's see if they do (share it)" So if you could send them that info or pass it to me to send them that would be great. That way TOS+ can create a button that will create a XML file from the TOS+ program that can be used with FG game or be converted into the game.
    This information has been supplied in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...xporting-to-FG

Ask the TOS guys to check that thread as they may not have been able to access the data (it was awaiting approval).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

As you suggested I did go to the wishlist and created a Vote:
    https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=88734 named " Convert TOS (The Only Sheet Plus) Character to FG "

So if any FG players is seeing this please go to this link to the wishlist and let FG know your a TOS+ fan and VOTE.

Thread Information